NEC Feb 2023 (was 2022) - The Caravan, Camping and Motorhome Show

Domestic (aka Kampa) 390 “All Season” with the side extension!!!

Going to the show tomorrow. ”She“ wants to look at caravans. This had better not turn out expensive tomorrow :oops:

• Wow
Reactions: CAB
Going to the show tomorrow. ”She“ wants to look at caravans. This had better not turn out expensive tomorrow :oops:
It won’t! The dealers have no stock and are actually show-casing stock they have sold already. We found that many corners have been cut on spec yet prices have almost doubled! You’d be mad to by one right now!

If we bought our 2014 caravan today, it would cost about £56k!

As a paramedic I drive a Fiat Ducato ambulance. They are absolutely garbage, always breaking down, parts falling off, electrical Issues preventing starting, small front cab, the wheels actually fell off once on a motorway. 6 months old too.
As a paramedic I drive a Fiat Ducato ambulance. They are absolutely garbage, always breaking down, parts falling off, electrical Issues preventing starting, small front cab, the wheels actually fell off once on a motorway. 6 months old too.
@JonriceT6 maybe it’s because every Tom Dick & Harry is driving them , never had an issue

1677236940757.png

Rather than start a new thread.
I'm up there on the Sunday, never been to the NEC before and never to a CCM show, what's the parking situation like, does it usually get rammed to the gunwales and is it advisable to get there early doors?

Main reason for the trip is to look at awnings. Oh, and to buy stuff that, at the time seems like a good idea but in hindsight it was a waste of time. Solar powered teaspoons or something of a similar ilk.

I know it's not always possible with work etc, but I wouldn't even entertain going on the weekend,, it will be rammed.
Can't comment on parking as I went on the train from Bristol.

There's loads of parking, even when the exhibition halls are rammed. :thumbsup:

@Cuffy It will probably be jam packed but there's always somewhere to park - it's just a case of how far you're prepared to walk to get to the actual show.. TBH, having been twice now (and going the second time because the Mrs wanted but against my better judgement!), I won't ever be rushing to go again. I don't know whether there are any other decent camping type shops nearer to you in Chippenham but you could always turn off of the M5 at J13 and go to Attwools (my local store) which is probably less than half the distance from you to the NEC and always has a good display of awnings set up.

Last edited:
Hi @Cuffy
What @Ayjay said.
We’re in Trowbridge, I’m Chip’num raised. Caravaner friends recommended Attwoolls.
Excellent independent store with helpful and knowledgeable staff.
Andy

Cheers @Ayjay & @Greybeard for the recommendation for Atwools.
Will see what the NEC holds and if there's a deal to be struck.
If not, then another trip will ensue to see what's what.
As for anything in this area, sweet FA.

Back