NEC Feb 2023 (was 2022) - The Caravan, Camping and Motorhome Show

We have been twice in recent years. We go mid week and get the train in, which is cheap for us as we are midlands based. Get there promptly!

Pete

Loads of free parking, they run shuttle buses if you don’t want to walk to the building , shows how much parking is available, oh, take a pack lunch or a loaded wallet

Reactions: Bav
Loads of free parking, they run shuttle buses if you don’t want to walk to the building , shows how much parking is available, oh, take a pack lunch or a loaded wallet
Deffo take your own food & drink - what's served at the NEC is overpriced, of bang average quality and the queues are long.

@Cuffy et al,
More thoughts;
I’ve been to NEC a number of times, from early days when the Motor Show shared bi-annually with Ally Pally
(saw the ‘show car wide-arched version of the Lotus Carlton),
national Kit Car show (had previously built a Dutton Sierra),
Classic Car show (memory jogging), and lastly CCM.

1) Check route on Google and note that, as travelling North, leaving M42 you’ll be wanting the 2nd exit following the signs for exhibition visitor parking. You should then be able to stay in 2nd lane on M42, off it and up slip road, avoiding long queue on inside lanes.
Then again ‘may’ stay in 2nd lane for a while before entering parking area on left, if that’s where signs/marshals are directing you. The extra height of T6 has advantages!

2) If looking for a specific item, like awnings, you may be able to check supplier stand locations before you go to avoid hours of wandering, solar powered spoon displays etc.

3) Another way of viewing awnings might be to attend one of the club ‘dos’, or book a large camping site, wander round, view and ask campers?

Hope parts of this some help.
Andy

Last time I went to the NEC it was £10 to park, which wasn't mentioned conveniently when we bought tickets.

Can someone confirm it's definitely now free?

Except it’s sold out for today… you snooze… you lose (more like I snooze.. I lose) anyone know if you can buy tickets at the door?

Except it’s sold out for today… you snooze… you lose (more like I snooze.. I lose) anyone know if you can buy tickets at the door?
You can, but previously, pre-purchased tickets gave a long queue-avoiding entrance.
Just don’t forget to take your confirmation!

Staying overnight in Redditch. Going Sunday. Been before and looking forward to it, hopefully get a few ideas.

Awning purchased, the wife literally beatthe salesman up.
Gone for the Outdoor Revolution T4E.

Off to find me some solar powered teaspoons.
You Chip’num types!
Maybe why I moved to Trowbridge?!? :rolleyes:

I saw a Transporter this colour the other day on the A1...
1677451382045.png
Is this a new VW colour?

Back