Nearside Undertray (adblue tank cover) issue

JeremyC

OK, so this has been discussed. The adblue undertray on T6 is ridiculously flimsy. I live near south coast, Many of the lanes are poor and liable to surface water sitting (especially after the biblical rain we have seen since October.) In seven years I have had the same number of tank undertrays replaced! Last one being October.. Each time all fixings have been replaced also. Last evening yet another piece of plastic has become garbage after I hit a virtual lake in the road in the dark. This time though it looks like the problem is much bigger. One of the the fixings encapsulated into the adblue tank is near detached and the other two bent at a precarious angle such that bending them back to vertical will almost certainly see them fall off! It seems that means a new adblue tank is also needed this time???
Ouch. Has anyone found a way of either soundly fixing undertray back on without the fixings on the tank or, doing away with the cover altogether. I am probably clutching at straws. I will talk to my mechanic about sourcing a used tank. Have seen them on eBay for £200 or so but is this false economy but dread to think how much VW want for a new one ;-(

Make sure you get a T6 tank and not a T6.1 one:

Back