Engine Light on - Adblue fault [Resolved]

Phil_j89

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Looking to post this up as use to someone in future, as nothing came up google wise when searching the fault codes.

Our T6 had an EML light on mid week, plugged in expecting an EGR insufficient flow fault as it has been hovering around the 0.35 tolerance recently when checked.
To find, instead, that various Adblue faults were logged.

tempImagep1Udf2.jpg
tempImageD6dswv.jpg
tempImageFRCK8k.jpg
tempImageAPYrrQ.jpg

Now the last fault, the P203D Reductant level sensor - short to plus, was the only fault that wouldn't erase.
So, this was during the day, and the wife needed the van.. So faults (except for P203D) were erased, and left to see if EML came back on again.

Obviously, it did!

So the van was chucked on a ramp at the weekend to take the under tray off, covering the adblue tank and hopefully find something a little cheaper to fix than the Adblue pump itself!

Luckily, this was what I found -

tempImagesa8Wz7.jpg

Worn through 2x wires on the mounting point of the adblue under tray!
Replaced the two damaged pins / wires and routed the loom slightly different, erased the faults and we're all good!

tempImageJgsNpK.jpg

Hopefully this may be of some use to somebody.

Last edited:
I have had the EML on twice recently with a couple of those same faults-temp sensor implausible signal and reductant level sensor implausible signal. Both being intermittent and not confirmed.
@Phil_j89 did this repair to your wiring fix the issue?

I have had the EML on twice recently with a couple of those same faults-temp sensor implausible signal and reductant level sensor implausible signal. Both being intermittent and not confirmed.
@Phil_j89 did this repair to your wiring fix the issue?
Certainly did.

There is no doubt that OEM VW electrical harness installation is pretty crap, almost like an afterthought. I’m gradually improving areas where I’ve had to strip it out for other reasons. Always worth keeping some tapes, conduit and spiral wrap in stock at home.

Back