MY22 changes

mjn

T6 Guru
Anyone in ‘the know’ know if there are going to be any changes on model year 22 (MY22) vans. Usually VW tweak something.
My dealer has told me there has been a factory reset where all vans that had a build date have been cancelled and will be reassigned.
Thinking the model change maybe the reason.

Seems a bit early for that, the factory normally stops for a bit while they change over and the next MY is produced after the summer, normally around august time i think and landing in the UK late aug/early sep

Model Years run from August 1st to July 31st the following year. So MY 22 will run from 01-08-2021 to 31-07-2022

Reactions: mjn
Model Years run from August 1st to July 31st the following year. So MY 22 will run from 01-08-2021 to 31-07-2022

It's actually a lot earlier in the year than that. Week 22 springs to mind.
I used to work for VW in tech training and remember this being a common topic due to MY changeover and vehicle reg differences.

Anyone in ‘the know’ know if there are going to be any changes on model year 22 (MY22) vans. Usually VW tweak something.
My dealer has told me there has been a factory reset where all vans that had a build date have been cancelled and will be reassigned.
Thinking the model change maybe the reason.
Maybe this is the reason

Thanks @Pauly, I was chatting to Oli earlier and should have asked if he had any insight. On this journey to ownership I have gone through the MY20, MY21 and now MY22 and it would be great to know what I will have when I finally get a confirmed build date :)

What is the auxiliary heater referring too? I assume that is different to the option of having an extra heater in the rear.

Yep, Caravelle Exec 204 4m tow bar, side assist, trailer assist, discover pro, diff lock, 2nd battery….. I will only cancel if they offer me a multivan, waiting since September 2020.

Back