How to choose new Alloys?

AndyNichs

T6 Pro
Hi all, I'm fed up with my current alloys (factory fitted 20" with cheap tyres) and was looking at changing them. Does anyone know if their is a website or something along those lines where you can see the different type of alloys on a similar van type and colour to your own? I've been through the threads on here to get ideas of what other people have picked and searched online but wondered if there was anything like a "see before you buy" thing?

It's a lot of money to spend on something that your not sure what they'll look like? How do people choose their alloys?

My van is a T6.1 in Candy White. I was thinking of 18" matt black on 235/50/18 tyres, but any recommendations would be appreciated...
Thanks

Come to us. We have about 25 different sets of alloys in stock and we can hold them up against your van for you to see . Although mostly 17’s and 20’s but we can get any wheels in to order.

Come to us. We have about 25 different sets of alloys in stock and we can hold them up against your van for you to see . Although mostly 17’s and 20’s but we can get any wheels in to order.
Thank you, you are only down the road to me so I will pop down and have a chat after I've done some more research :thumbsup:

I've been deliberating over what wheels I want for close to 12 months now. Just can't make my mind up! Alot of wheels look great on the vans which are really low, but then look weird on higher vans.

I think I just need to take the plunge and get some ordered and risk it! Haha

I’m on -40 mm springs and it makes a subtle difference to aesthetics but still drives nicely but thats down to the Koni shocks

Admitting to geographical envy . . .

My van had been upgraded to SuperMetal 20" "Fins" by the first owner, with very low profile tyres.
Nothing wrong with either other than I hate them with a passion and would change if I knew what on earth to put in their place.

Bognor Motors is a tad far to pop in from the Lake District, :cry:.
Anyone aware of a company within sensible distance of Penrith who have alloys I could look at?

;) Thanks, but it was the "hold them up against your van for you to see" that I was impressed with. Don't think that will work with a courier!

Personally, I’d tend to avoid ‘diamond cut’ style wheels, especially cheaper ones.

The lacquer on the cut edges is very vulnerable to splitting and salt ingress leading to crazing.

I will be taking delivery of new van next week and have been through around 10 different wheel ideas (in my head) over the past 18months in waiting for van to be built .I find it annoyingly difficult to decide but have decided on Riviera RV130 staggered set up

;) Thanks, but it was the "hold them up against your van for you to see" that I was impressed with. Don't think that will work with a courier!
Sorry that defo wouldn’t wotk

On a separate note I stayed in Penrith last week- at the Globe inn! Should have brought my wheel selection :cool:

Has anyone got any pictures of these alloys on? I’ve got 20’s on atm but want to go down to 19 or 18”
I couldn't get hold of those VW wheels so plumped for similar ones from Rimstyle - iForm EDT.3. The change allowed me to put all-season tyres on - Yokohama BlueEarth 235/50/18 101. I'm very please with the change from the assymetric 20 inch wheels that the van came with, although I'm sure that i'll probably get shouted down for changing them! Original wheels, on a cleaner vehicle, shown for comparison.

IMG_20230903_114010.jpg

IMG-20230418-WA0002.jpeg

Back