T6 won’t start

Benny 777

Hi, I’ve got a VW T6 and I have just had the rocker cover changed which involved taking out the injectors. I have put it all back together and now it won’t start up. There is no fault codes coming up, but it just won’t start. I have been told that there is a problem with the 2017 van where it sucks up swarf out of the tank as that blocks the injectors. I’m wondering if anyone has had the same problem? Thanks

Hi, I’ve got a VW T6 and I have just had the rocker cover changed which involved taking out the injectors. I have put it all back together and now it won’t start up. There is no fault codes coming up, but it just won’t start. I have been told that there is a problem with the 2017 van where it sucks up swarf out of the tank as that blocks the injectors. I’m wondering if anyone has had the same problem? Thanks
I’d say it’s nothing to do with contamination from the fuel tank and more likely an issue caused by the cover replacement.
Are you sure that the injectors are fully seated without grease on the seals, engine won’t start without compression?
Are you sure the fuel system is bled through?

Crank no start?

Scanned for codes?

Fuel rail pressure?

In addition I guess the camshaft position sensor was unplugged, worth checking it is connected correctly.

I’d say it’s nothing to do with contamination from the fuel tank and more likely an issue caused by the cover replacement.
Are you sure that the injectors are fully seated without grease on the seals, engine won’t start without compression?
Are you sure the fuel system is bled through?
Hi yes I tend to agree with you is there a sensor in the rocker cover ,maybe that could be the problem cos it was running perfectly b4 that cover was changed? I got the cover from a breakers but it was like new .

Back