My T6 is pulling to the left (RHD)

Hi guys I driven many transporters last 10 years done definitely over 500000 miles and never experienced this problem. The vehicle not just pulling little to the left and I know I need to be on flat service, and roads has camber to left side. I must continually counter steer and push on the steering wheel to keep going straight if I slightly lose my grip on the steering wheel the vehicle goes badly to left. VW UK is actually suggesting to the dealership to do digital reset on DSG as that might cure the problem, personally I don’t see how but I’m not technician.

Well, mine still pulls to the left so I had another full alignment check this morning just to make sure. The good news is that it's within tolerances, the bad news is he never adjusted anything.

IMG-1758.jpg

So, next stop VW again, although they're currently on reduced staffing.

Well, mine still pulls to the left so I had another full alignment check this morning just to make sure. The good news is that it's within tolerances, the bad news is he never adjusted anything.

View attachment 92834

So, next stop VW again, although they're currently on reduced staffing.
My transporter is going to VW on Thursday after complaining to VWUK they will now do complete check and digital reset, which they hope will cure the problem.

What suspension have you both got fitted ? , alignment aside if you might want to get your corner weights looked at

Mine pulled to the left when I bought it, I dropped it on coilovers and got the 4 wheel alignment done but it still pulled to the left. The garage said it needed more adjustment but it wasn't adjustable any further.

Then I took it to AwesomeGTI in Manchester who spent hours on it doing the 4 wheel alignment and testing it. They said it was technically perfect but the camber of the road affected it and made it vear to the left. They also said that the Solow suspension was poor quality and the way that the rear springs were coiled it wouldn't be long until the snapped.

I recently drove to Germany. When I got on the motorway at Rotterdam the van seemed to pull right. Tested it all the way and pulled to the right. So it seem that it just pulls in the direction of the camber of the road.

I recently had KW V3 coilovers fitted and aligned and now it drives perfectly straight

Last edited:
But mine pulls to the left regardless of the road camber. It's been driven along the centre of a runway and drifts to the left in both directions.

Latest update and the last update for pulling to the left :) after two days in VW dealership it’s now how it should be in first place no more pulling to any side and perfect to drive!

VW have done completely rest on ECU and DSG, then realignment of steering rack and wheels alignment. And what a difference, it’s super to drive even with the 20 inch alloy wheels! We are well happy it was well worth it me complaining and writing emails and not letting them to get away with it!

So if you have the same problem don’t let VW to walk over you the vehicles should drive straight not left or right!:D:D:D

Last edited:
I thought all Uk vehicles were set to pull left slightly? To avoid nasty accidents when drivers fall asleep behind the wheel. I’m guessing it’s not just a gradual thing you mention? Obviously the bigger and heavier the vehicle and the wider the tyres the more it will amplify this?

Well all I can say as I mentioned before in last 10 years I have driven transporters done over 500000 miles not one pulled to the left. Now I have T32 with 20 inch alloy wheels and was pulling to left so I have complained it was back at the dealer 3 times until today when they followed instructions from VW UK and all is good as it should be.

And by the way I drive lorries now with over 7.5 tunes and no they don’t pull left, doesn’t matter if empty or fully loaded.

Last edited:
This is the 3rd T6 I've owned and the only one that pulls to the left.
After almost 40 years of driving vans of all marques for a living, this is the only one that doesn't drive in a straight line.

Well all I can say as I mentioned before in last 10 years I have driven transporters done over 500000 miles not one pulled to the left. Now I have T32 with 20 inch alloy wheels and was pulling to left so I have complained it was back at the dealer 3 times until today when they followed instructions from VW UK and all is good as it should be.

And by the way I drive lorries now with over 7.5 tunes and no they don’t pull left, doesn’t matter if empty or fully loaded.
Hi, what instructions did they have to follow and what was the actual cure?

I've had my van hunter aligned 4 times now and inspected by 3 different garages who all say its within tolerances and nothing obvious wrong mechanically. I'm running 20n wheels 20x9 fronts and 20 x 9.5 rears on Bilstein B14 coilovers and HR ARBS

Any help appreciated

Hi,

I have a 2017 built VW T6. Its running on aftermarket alloys with 245/45/18 in the front and 255/45/18 at the back. It's been pulling to the left ever since I got it and the local dealership where I am from (Mauritius) is of no use.

Some mechanics have told me to change the damper and suspension which should resolve the issue. Has anyone done that here?

Hi,

I have a 2017 built VW T6. Its running on aftermarket alloys with 245/45/18 in the front and 255/45/18 at the back. It's been pulling to the left ever since I got it and the local dealership where I am from (Mauritius) is of no use.

Some mechanics have told me to change the damper and suspension which should resolve the issue. Has anyone done that here?
Check out post #96 first

The VWUK has said to the dealer to do complete digital reset on ECU as my is DSG then to refitted steering rack and all perfect!

Having issues with mine now. When I first had the van it was pulling to the left so had it Hunter aligned and it was spot on for alignment. So swapped the front wheels round across the axle and seemed fine. Even when I got it lowered. Now since changing to 20” wheels it’s back with a vengeance. So I will swap the new wheels again across the axle to see if that does anything but in the meantime it’s booked in @BognorMotors for a alignment check. Hoping they can get it to drive straight down the road

Back