My first van on order!

banksey88

Hi,

I’m new here, just put a deposit down on a T32, Highline, 150ps and should be fully converted and ready in 6 weeks.

Although I keep getting daunting feelings about how much I have paid out for this, I’m hoping this is the best thing I’ve ever done! (Please someone reassure me!)

I’ve seen the extras list from the converters and quite interested in solar panels. They offer a 75w and 150w option. Is it worth forking out the extra for the 150w or would 75w be ample?

How much would you expect to pay for this fully fitted?

Thanks.

Our van is on order and will be converted next March. Bodans Campervans are charging us over £500 to fit a 105w solar panel. I figure that the panel will be useful to us for keeping the batteries topped up when we are away on our narrowboat for months on end. We had a solar panel on our last caravan and the battery was always fully charged when I went to get it from storage.
Our van rocketed up in price when I started adding extras and we could’ve had a large Motorhome for what we are payisng. However our van will be our only vehicle so it’s the perfect size to run around in and go camping. I would say if you’ve ever camped in a tent then having a van to sleep in is good step up. I don’t have any doubts about spending this amount of money as we’re getting a good spec van and conversion.

Our van is on order and will be converted next March. Bodans Campervans are charging us over £500 to fit a 105w solar panel. I figure that the panel will be useful to us for keeping the batteries topped up when we are away on our narrowboat for months on end. We had a solar panel on our last caravan and the battery was always fully charged when I went to get it from storage.
Our van rocketed up in price when I started adding extras and we could’ve had a large Motorhome for what we are payisng. However our van will be our only vehicle so it’s the perfect size to run around in and go camping. I would say if you’ve ever camped in a tent then having a van to sleep in is good step up. I don’t have any doubts about spending this amount of money as we’re getting a good spec van and conversion.

Thanks for your reply.

Oh yes I looked at Bodan’s, they look good conversions what I’ve seen of them.

The place where I’m buying from is charging £429 for 75w and £699 for 150w. Not sure if the 75w will be adequate or if it’s worth paying the extra for 150w.

I’m also going to be using this as my car, great size for nipping about and commuting to work. So glad I went for SWB mainly for squeezing onto my driveway and in parking spaces but I can see the benefit of a LWB and think it’s only 40cm longer.

We do like camping and have had enough bad weather experiences, I think we are due an upgrade!

I think I’ve got a pretty good deal as well with my van compared to some places, it’s taken a while to find the one but we’re happy with our choice!

Thanks for your reply.

Oh yes I looked at Bodan’s, they look good conversions what I’ve seen of them.

The place where I’m buying from is charging £429 for 75w and £699 for 150w. Not sure if the 75w will be adequate or if it’s worth paying the extra for 150w.

I’m also going to be using this as my car, great size for nipping about and commuting to work. So glad I went for SWB mainly for squeezing onto my driveway and in parking spaces but I can see the benefit of a LWB and think it’s only 40cm longer.

We do like camping and have had enough bad weather experiences, I think we are due an upgrade!

I think I’ve got a pretty good deal as well with my van compared to some places, it’s taken a while to find the one but we’re happy with our choice!

Sounds good. I went to a Bodans because of the rear kitchen and fixed toilet. As space is a premium I went for the LWB but I don’t have parking issues where I am. I would go for the more powerful solar panel unless budget is an issue. There are so many other extras to get, my list keeps growing. Hope it goes well.

Back