My AutoTerm Night-Heater diesel connection

Iv herd this before, on here.

Using the return line can force fuel into the heater causing a flood and leaking.

I think the recommendation was to take the fuel direct from the tank with the normal top pickup tube.

Not a side pickup, as will also leak.

I've seen this issue on the Autoterm tech FB page as well .

Iv herd this before, on here.

Using the return line can force fuel into the heater causing a flood and leaking.

I think the recommendation was to take the fuel direct from the tank with the normal top pickup tube.

Not a side pickup, as will also leak.

I've seen this issue on the Autoterm tech FB page as well .
Thanks for info I'll pull both tanks and send t piece's back thought that would be the answer

Autoterm take the feed direct from the tank.

1700996022978.png1700996068266.png

Hi new here just fitted heater on 2xt6.1 using t piece from mellor on line (Eberspacher/Webasto/MV Adblue return line fuel connector T6.1, Night Heater Kits, Eberspacher, Webasto, Mikuni, Durite) both are allowing fuel to pass into heater when heater not in use removed one yesterday as I could see a drip from below vehicle there was just shy of a 1ltr in the heater had made its way out the exhaust port a real mess did some test,s with van on ramp heater out the way fuel line post heater pump in a jar when idling no fuel emitted raise and release engine speed small drip sit at 2000 rpm constant small drip
Has anyone experienced similar? Thanks in advance of any replies and info
Don't go by what Stuart says at Melloronline or others - they are wrong! Read my previous posts in this thread. You CAN NOT use the engine feed as a supply as you will either flood the heater or burn the fuel pump out. Also you CAN NOT use the return line on our vans as there is a non-return valve in the tank unit that prevents fuel being drawn from the tank itself.
I keep repeating this but people are still swayed by this company and that company saying that you can use this method.

I would say that you have connected to the engine feed with the results that you have seen.

Don't go by what Stuart says at Melloronline or others - they are wrong! Read my previous posts in this thread. You CAN NOT use the engine feed as a supply as you will either flood the heater or burn the fuel pump out. Also you CAN NOT use the return line on our vans as there is a non-return valve in the tank unit that prevents fuel being drawn from the tank itself.
I keep repeating this but people are still swayed by this company and that company saying that you can use this method.

I would say that you have connected to the engine feed with the results that you have seen.
Thanks for replying definitely on blue return line how ever I agree some kind of check valve causing the fuel to take least line of resistance through heater pump into heater could put a selonoind in line that's triggered via fuel pump feed but that will increase overall battery drain during use tank out and standpipe seems best tried and tested solution again many thanks for input

Back