Diesel Leak?

ALevs

Hi Everyone,

This morning I came out to use my van and noticed a diesel leak (I think) from the passenger side near the ad blue tank/diesel tank. Upon investigation underneath I spotted what appears to be a small gauge plastic blue pipe that has detached from a clamp on a wider rubber pipe (Pic 1). Could anyone tell me what this is please and whether this would likely cause the spillage? (Pic 2).

The vehicle is a 2016 T6 with post market conversion (including Eberspacher diesel heater).

Many Thanks!
Adam

20240122_163608.jpg

IMG-20240122-WA0000.jpg

Absolutely is the heater. Blue pipe goes into black pipe and is clamped with that circlip. Loosen circlip, stick blue pipe inside black pipe, tighten circlip up proper. Easy fix.

Thank you both :)

Would the van be OK to drive short distances before I get around to this somewhat awkward repair? I assume that as the heater pump is there to 'pull' fuel out the tank it is unlikely that it will come out of the unconnected pipe by itself but would air getting back into the main fuel tank potential be an issue? (Clearly I won't use the heater until fixed!)

That depends how they've connected to the fuel tank. If it's a t-piece off the fuel return then absolutely not but if it's direct to the tank you should be OK.
Best way to check without getting underneath is to start the van and if fuel starts coming out that blue pipe then you can't drive it until fixed.

Another quality installation of a heater by a converter!you-re-nuts.gif
How they justify charging people for a half-arsed job is beyond me.

Looks like they have used the wrong sized hose for the pipe.

Back