multi-function display 'plus' - What should it do?

Paddy00000

Hi folks, I'm hoping I can tap into your vast wealth of knowledge.

I bought a T6 204 Highline back in March, the only thing I wanted to change on it was the fact that there was no Sat Nav, so I spent an extra £500 and had the factory fitted head unit switched out for a Pioneer one (AVIC-F88DAB). I'm now thinking that was a mistake as I suspect, although cannot be sure that I have now lost some features that should have been available via the steering wheel functions. For example I cannot switch between radio and phone using the steering wheel, I have to switch to phone mode using the touch screen on the head unit and scroll the numbers on the head unit until I find the number I want to call. Also the radio station that's playing doesn't show on the MFD panel (think that's what you call it). Also if Auto stop/Start is activated it reboots the head unit. It would seem that I have paid £500 for a downgrade, but maybe I should have done more research before asking them to switch it.

Anyway, to the question. I am just about to have a chat with the company I bought it from and wanted to make sure I have understood what the capabilities of the MFD "Plus" should actually be? I can't seem to find any information on the internet about what the "plus" brings to the party. Anyone know?

I know these are 1st world problems, but it's very annoying!

Many thanks

Paddy

Doesn't sound like it's been fitted with the correct interface, you should see what station you're listening to on the MFD, also sat nav instructions should display on the MFD. Not sure about the phone as I use car play and just ask siri to initiate any calls.

Back