MPG after 102 Remap

M4rc

VIP Member
T6 Pro
I've had a remap on my van just over a year, although I'm very happy with the performance I've never been happy with fuel economy. I get around 400 Miles on a full tank. 102 5 speed. remap to around 170bhp. I have used a reputable company for this just wondering what sort of fuel economy everyone else is getting running the same van?

Not the same van mines 150bhp 6 speed I only get 400 miles to a tank if that sometimes! Try not to get to hung up about it and enjoy

Not the same van mines 150bhp 6 speed I only get 400 miles to a tank if that sometimes! Try not to get to hung up about it and enjoy
I do enjoy it:) just used to be more economical. I used to get around 550-600 per tank before the remap. suppose can't have it both ways

It isn't remapped. And it's a standard panel van so not that heavy. I do have 20 inch wheels which won't help but it's still p ss poor. It also does 3 regens every tankful which is just burning even more fuel.

It isn't remapped. And it's a standard panel van so not that heavy. I do have 20 inch wheels which won't help but it's still p ss poor. It also does 3 regens every tankful which is just burning even more fuel.
Needs a clean out

Sorry, but all of this "x miles per tank" is meaningless.
Do you have a 70 litre tank or 80 litre tank?
How far down the gauge do you let it go before refilling?
The only meaningful measure is MPG, anything else is just guesswork.

Sorry, but all of this "x miles per tank" is meaningless.
Do you have a 70 litre tank or 80 litre tank?
How far down the gauge do you let it go before refilling?
The only meaningful measure is MPG, anything else is just guesswork.
Understandably many factors will determine MPG , wheels, weight, driving style Etc. however, I’ve owned my van for 5 years, had the remap for just over a year. In that time I’ve noticed a significant drop in fuel economy. I’m curious to know if anyone has also experience this?

Understandably many factors will determine MPG , wheels, weight, driving style Etc. however, I’ve owned my van for 5 years, had the remap for just over a year. In that time I’ve noticed a significant drop in fuel economy. I’m curious to know if anyone has also experience this?
Who did the remap? I'm intending to have have mine remapped by Revo but all this fuel economy efficiency drops and the current diesel fuel climate is putting me off.

I’d prefer not to say because the service and knowledgeable was great with the company I used. I will say it’s a very well know company

The way it's able to make an extra 60 horsepower is by burning more fuel. Your right foot determines how much of that extra power you use. If you enjoy the added performance, inevitably you will use more fuel.

Remaps can offer better fuel consumption, but that is when driven in exactly the same manor as before. More performance means that you can get up to an economical speed quicker, so the throttle is open wider for a much shorter space of time during acceleration.

Mines a T6.1 199 dsg swb 4 motion with an 80l tank. Brimmed it before leaving home. Reset the clocks. 110mile up the M5 towards where we are staying in the Brecon Beacons. 220 miles driving the lanes with very little high speed mileage. Brimmed it again yesterday when it said 60miles left. Average MPG 22.5. For a heavy swamper style van I dont think its dine too bad.

Back