I had to trim some of the bulk head down to fit
Good to know it’s not just me then, thanks! I actually just finished reshaping the B-pillar trim piece to fit (with a Dremel).

Trim is not yet attached in this photo, only held in place, but it’s a good shape to go back on now!

5D9F4E1B-1026-4A5E-AED2-3997DA21A3F2.jpeg

Good to know it’s not just me then, thanks! I actually just finished reshaping the B-pillar trim piece to fit (with a Dremel).

Trim is not yet attached in this photo, only held in place, but it’s a good shape to go back on now!

View attachment 154182
Yeah sorry had to cut some of the pillar not the bulkhead ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I hve a post on here somewhere with a part number for a panel van. You can order it from a Vw dealer but they can’t order it as an option… weird but it is how it is! I believe the motexion is a Dutch option due to the average height of Dutch people! That’s what motexion told me anyway

I've ordered a 6.1 van without a factory bulkhead and plan to get the dealer to fit a motexion one, would you recommend i fit it myself instead?
Cheers
Depends how handy you are (and your patience levels).

It’s not technically difficult just a lot of fettling to get perfect. I had to amend the top trips to fit snugly also

I currently have 3, removed 2021 vehicles and in good condition, located in Leicestershire

Fitted a new motexion bulkhead today and wow what a difference it makes to the cab area. Freshens it up massively and makes it feel and look bigger. It also allows you to retract your drivers seat all the way back. So no more cramped driving positions. For people who need a bulkhead like me this is a must mod.

View attachment 7587 View attachment 7588 View attachment 7589 View attachment 7590 View attachment 7591 View attachment 7592 View attachment 7593

throw the window cab pic :thumbsup:

View attachment 7594
Hi mate did you fit this your self and did you need to trim with a Dremel the plastics at all?

Hi mate did you fit this your self and did you need to trim with a Dremel the plastics at all?
I fitted mine myself. If you push the bulkead too far towards the windscreen, the top (beige) corner pieces struggle to fit on the black plug in clips. I mucked around test fitting a lot before committing to fixing.

Since my input on this post I’ve since removed it, carpet lined it, and refitted. I carpet lined the b pillars also as I wanted a professional finish if I was to convert to a kombi, one thing to note, with the two extra layers of carpet - this is extremely tight! I couldn’t do it on my own. I needed an extra set of hands on the cab to push it back towards me (in the load area) if it went too far.

I had a factory bulkhead fitted, as I had adjustable single seats, Since changed to caravelle items. I drilled the welds and removed the angled bracket on the floor and lower sides. Prepped and protected the areas.

I trimmed the top corners of my bulkead to allow it to avoid any conflict with the interior b pillar trims.

I’ll try to get more pictures when I can.

I could only course the motexion bulkhead part numbers direct from motexion. I hve called my local Vw dealer and they confirmed the part numbers previously supplied by myself are correct, although, as per when I ordered, they were required to be ordered direct from Motexion.

I’ll try and dog out the number for Motexion. It was a Dutch number so should be easy for me to find.

I fitted mine myself. If you push the bulkead too far towards the windscreen, the top (beige) corner pieces struggle to fit on the black plug in clips. I mucked around test fitting a lot before committing to fixing.

Since my input on this post I’ve since removed it, carpet lined it, and refitted. I carpet lined the b pillars also as I wanted a professional finish if I was to convert to a kombi, one thing to note, with the two extra layers of carpet - this is extremely tight! I couldn’t do it on my own. I needed an extra set of hands on the cab to push it back towards me (in the load area) if it went too far.

I had a factory bulkhead fitted, as I had adjustable single seats, Since changed to caravelle items. I drilled the welds and removed the angled bracket on the floor and lower sides. Prepped and protected the areas.

I trimmed the top corners of my bulkead to allow it to avoid any conflict with the interior b pillar trims.

I’ll try to get more pictures when I can.

I could only course the motexion bulkhead part numbers direct from motexion. I hve called my local Vw dealer and they confirmed the part numbers previously supplied by myself are correct, although, as per when I ordered, they were required to be ordered direct from Motexion.

I’ll try and dog out the number for Motexion. It was a Dutch number so should be easy for me to find.
Its confusing me like mad this I have a t6 panel van think its same as yours in effect with a bulkhead in it I'm not bothered about cutting some strips off and screwing in randomly in a desired position as I think this is what your trying to say.

That you can actually screw it into its final position in different places as its not going to be using the original screw holes other than at the top and you wouldn't know where that should actually be unless done by a fitter who knows where's a proper place for fixings who's done it a few times before.

So the decision I have made is to let VW themselves fit it for £112.55 inc vat as I don't now even know if the plastics need a Dremel taking to them or not definitely and that would cost well more if I make a mistake also your the only one who said about taking the seats out it sounds like a madness job.

So no I have to wait 3-4weeks to get it done which is doing my head right in. Im a joiner sat here and I don't even have the blocks to do it as I've recently sheared the threads on my A3 old filter housing by being over careful and over tightening the bill for thats £920 LIFES JUST GREAT WHEN IT WANTS TO BE....

Word of advice if you service your own VW's anyone who's reading this don't over tighten the oil filter cap as they're more use than a chocolate ashtray after a certain point.

Also are you saying you didn't Dremel b pillars or you did can't remember?

Fitted a new motexion bulkhead today and wow what a difference it makes to the cab area. Freshens it up massively and makes it feel and look bigger. It also allows you to retract your drivers seat all the way back. So no more cramped driving positions. For people who need a bulkhead like me this is a must mod.

View attachment 7587 View attachment 7588 View attachment 7589 View attachment 7590 View attachment 7591 View attachment 7592 View attachment 7593

throw the window cab pic :thumbsup:

View attachment 7594
Hi mate did you fit this your self and did you need to trim with a Dremel the plastics on the b pillar at all?

Its confusing me like mad this I have a t6 panel van think its same as yours in effect with a bulkhead in it I'm not bothered about cutting some strips off and screwing in randomly in a desired position as I think this is what your trying to say.

That you can actually screw it into its final position in different places as its not going to be using the original screw holes other than at the top and you wouldn't know where that should actually be unless done by a fitter who knows where's a proper place for fixings who's done it a few times before.

So the decision I have made is to let VW themselves fit it for £112.55 inc vat as I don't now even know if the plastics need a Dremel taking to them or not definitely and that would cost well more if I make a mistake also your the only one who said about taking the seats out it sounds like a madness job.

So no I have to wait 3-4weeks to get it done which is doing my head right in. Im a joiner sat here and I don't even have the blocks to do it as I've recently sheared the threads on my A3 old filter housing by being over careful and over tightening the bill for thats £920 LIFES JUST GREAT WHEN IT WANTS TO BE....

Word of advice if you service your own VW's anyone who's reading this don't over tighten the oil filter cap as they're more use than a chocolate ashtray after a certain point.

Also are you saying you didn't Dremel b pillars or you did can't remember?
It really isn’t that bad. The seats come out really easy. The original bulkead unscrews. The only part requiring some patience is removing/cleaning the welds and aligning the new bulkhead.

If Vw are doing it, at very least if you have any issues you can take it back. It was a fair while ago since I fitted mine so will need to dig out the photos. I did take them of all areas

Hi mate did you fit this your self and did you need to trim with a Dremel the plastics on the b pillar at all?
I filed away a tiny part of the bulkhead to ensure it didn’t impact on the b pillar fixings. If you push the bulkhead in unit it sits flush, it will foul. This is too far in! It may look neater from the load area, but you will have issues at the b pillar interior trim. It should sit a little proud from the b pillar towards the load area. Also, the further back it’s fitted, the more you can adjust the seat

Back