Panel Van/Kombi Bulkhead Idea’s....

MattPoss

Construction Manager
T6 Pro
I have a SWB T6 Panel Van with a Single Sliding Door. I’ve just picked up a set of 2+1 Kombi Seats which im going to install

95% of the time I am the only person in the van and as it’s my only vehicle i use it for everything (work, everyday journeys, dogs in the back, motorbike trackdays, shifting building materials etc). The Standard Bulkhead is ideal for me most of the time, it keeps any dust and mess out of the cab and also the cab heats/cools really quickly. Its also nice and quiet

When i fit the Kombi Seats, ideally i’d like to retain the Factory Bulkhead behind the Front Seats but somehow make it quickly removable/foldable/hinged etc for when i have a passenger in the back seats. Im kind of thinking something along the lines of leaving the Bottom Half of the Bulkhead intact and in place and adapting the Top Half so it can be folded down and secured to the Bottom Half (or something along those lines)

Has anyone ever done anything like this or have any ideas?! I dont mind doing away with the Factory Bulkhead and making a Ply Bulkhead etc if it would be easier to adapt

Matt, I've been searching for something too.

From what I have seen people are improvising with curtains but there is a seat / storage system by a furniture builder that folds up into a bulk head behind the second row of seats. It's about £1500 but doubles up as storage with an internal shelf and also a bed.

Back