Missing part on Kombi windows?

LambethBoy

204 DSG 4Motion
VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Is there supposed to be a trim running along the bottom of the Kombi windows?
It looks like there is something that should clip on the upper and lower part.

image.jpg

Yeah there's a smooth plastic trim, if you need one shout I've got some :thumbsup:

Bit of a thread hijack - where do you put the bead of silicone on the trim to stop them leaking on the inside?

Bit of a thread hijack - where do you put the bead of silicone on the trim to stop them leaking on the inside?
It won’t stop them leaking, it will just collect the water to allow it to leak at a slightly higher point. This trim does not seal against the window glass, there is a gap.

Park nose down, don't leak then :thumbsup:
Its funny you should say that - our drive is about 7m long and has approx 600mm fall to the road. I’ve noticed they never leak on the drive, only when we’re parked up somewhere flat!

We always reverse park since I nearly cleaned up a pedestrian when I reversed out the drive half asleep 18 years ago!

The sliding window seal will always leak as the design is very poor. The secret is keeping the drain holes clear (sliding glass has to be removed to do this). The problem is that the drain holes are at the front end of the window, hence park nose down sorts this. Unfortunately VW should have sorted this prior to the T6 being launched, shame on them.

Yeah there's a smooth plastic trim, if you need one shout I've got some :thumbsup:
Hi, would you be able to tell me the part number for these please? If you know of it.
I’m missing two on my T5 and I can’t find them online anywhere.
Appreciate your help.

7LA847745. There are usually a few on ebay. Dealer price is £30 roughly which is expensive for what it is.
Be careful. The little clips snap super easily when installing/removing. I need a new one.

Back