Misfire When Cold

Colin1987

Hi I’m hoping someone has had the same issue but here goes
My euro6 t6 105ps with 35k has a horrible misfire when it’s cold and slowly goes as it warms up but have started noticing a slight diesel nock at about 3500 rpm
Anyone had this problem at could advise me where to start

I would start with testing the glow plugs. Is it still under warranty?

step 1 - scan for codes (Carista, VCDS, OBD11 etc etc )

the pre-heat, glow-plugs, injectors, temps etc are all monitored and may show a fault code.

Carista - How I Done It -

Vcds / Vagcom - How I Done It -

how bad a misfire is it? and chance of getting it on a video clip?

how long does it take to warm up? when does it stop happening?

what year van?

It’s still under warranty yes to check injector values would I just check the correction values at cold?
Also it warms up after about 5 minutes and runs sweet but feels like it is definitely on 3 cylinders for the first 2minutes

If it’s under warranty then just give to the dealer to sort ?

Pete

The only issue I have is that the van is on the hit list and don’t want a bill to pay when I can fix myself if I know where to look

V car register maybe but not sure that should make any difference to a mechanical warranty claim as when cars get written off unless they're cat B then it just means the vehicle is beyond economical repair through main dealer channels ie. new VW parts at a VW repair shop.

Reading the first post again and has the van been through water prior to the hit list ie. swallowed some water and bent a rod?

Back