T6.1 Mirror fold on key fob lock.

Hello! Can you do this using the Carista app (or equivalent)? I don’t have a windows machine

Finally managed to sort out something using VCDS on the new van.

Mirrors folding on door locking rather than the long press:

09 - Central Electrics

Click security access code (input 31347)

Click Adaptations

Search for modus then select the lower of the two options.

Then Do it.
Do you think I could code this using my OBDEleven ?

Finally managed to sort out something using VCDS on the new van.

Mirrors folding on door locking rather than the long press:

09 - Central Electrics

Click security access code (input 31347)

Click Adaptations

Search for modus then select the lower of the two options.

Then Do it.

Nice one! Just done this and a few other things but mine only implemented the changes once the bonnet was up. Has anyone figured out the dial sweep or instrument celebration on the 6.1? I searched for donkeys and i couldn't find it.

Nice one! Just done this and a few other things but mine only implemented the changes once the bonnet was up. Has anyone figured out the dial sweep or instrument celebration on the 6.1? I searched for donkeys and i couldn't find it.
I've not found them yet. The 6.1 wont accept anyyhing without opening the bonnet.

I've not found them yet. The 6.1 wont accept anyyhing without opening the bonnet.
Its on the list of customisation on the Carista gadget website so surely it must be on that list somewhere for us. Might have to buy a few beers to go through them with my German friend as half of the lists provided are German.

Its on the list of customisation on the Carista gadget website so surely it must be on that list somewhere for us. Might have to buy a few beers to go through them with my German friend as half of the lists provided are German.
Oh, that’s handy having a German friend.

I so fancy this on my van…..anyone near Andover, Newbury, Salisbury or Winchester with an OBD11 who could code this for me? Beer tokens available!

I so fancy this on my van…..anyone near Andover, Newbury, Salisbury or Winchester with an OBD11 who could code this for me? Beer tokens available!
Come to Busfest and I can do it ;)

• Haha
Reactions: JOG
If you want fold mirrors when you lock your van with just one press on key fob now this option is available through carista beta and it is working well on my t6.1

@Artek800. Am I right in thinking that’s one long press and does it also close the windows at the same time??

One short press and it locks and fold mirrors at the same time , before to be able fold mirrors you have to press for 3 sec

To be able close windows you still need to keep pressing key fob until they close nothing change its just mirrors fold and door lock after short press hope thats help

That's a good thing. Our new Tig has mirrors that unfold on unlocking. It's got keyless too, so when I'm washing it and brush over the door handles, the mirrors don't know which way to go.

Yes, my Golf was like that. I agree unfold on key is better :)

My Audi does that. It drives me mad!

Not sure if you’ve found this out or have it but;
On my Golf gtd, you can go through the menu in the car and select/deselect “mirror fold on lock” so I’ll always turn this off when washing my car, to stop the mirrors dancing :laugh:
Means I can keep the keys in the pocket.

Last edited:
Back