MY2016 unmodified coding available? VCDS content

John A

VCDS User
I've recently acquired a 2016 Highline Kombi and am trying to do a few things - needle staging, mirrors folding on the key when locking, etc.
It was first registered April 2016 so it will be a MY2016 van, correct? I cannot get mirror fold on the key to work and in Instruments adaptation, staging is not available.

Looking through the modules, especially in Central Electrics, there are a lot of things selected that I am not sure should be there including LED rear lights (I don't think it's got LEDs) and other things like Fatigue Detection - I suspect it has been fiddled around with in the past (prior to my ownership) and I don't have an original autoscan.

The van has a few options - headlight washers, auto high beam, etc., but how do I tell if it has Fatigue Detection?
Is there a resource to view what the default coding should be as I'd like to compare how mine is coded vs what it actually should be.
Cheers

Unfortunately I’m not aware of any way to rebuild or retrieve the original coding, you would need a scan of an identical van but there are so many variations that’s highly unlikely !

The easiest way would be with odis as that has a function that can reset a van to factory but it requires an online connection to the VW mothership so it needs to be a proper machine with licensed software, main dealers and some independents and retrofitters have this ability

It’s a bit of a double edged sword though as any changes made after production will be rolled back so could generate problems
FWIW there are several coding bits that don’t seem to make sense, things that are ticked that look like they shouldn’t etc, if you haven’t got any problems careful you don’t go down a rabbit hole

I own a Highline T6 that was manufactured in the first or second quarter of 2016 (I've got a Car Data Print to confirm the exact date) and I may be able to find a VCDS scan of it when it was new. If you think that would be any help please PM me.

I own a Highline T6 that was manufactured in the first or second quarter of 2016 (I've got a Car Data Print to confirm the exact date) and I may be able to find a VCDS scan of it when it was new. If you think that would be any help please PM me.
That would be really useful Rod, thank you. I'll send you a PM

Unfortunately I’m not aware of any way to rebuild or retrieve the original coding, you would need a scan of an identical van but there are so many variations that’s highly unlikely !

The easiest way would be with odis as that has a function that can reset a van to factory but it requires an online connection to the VW mothership so it needs to be a proper machine with licensed software, main dealers and some independents and retrofitters have this ability

It’s a bit of a double edged sword though as any changes made after production will be rolled back so could generate problems
FWIW there are several coding bits that don’t seem to make sense, things that are ticked that look like they shouldn’t etc, if you haven’t got any problems careful you don’t go down a rabbit hole
Good point.
I've got a reasonably good relationship with the local VW Commercial dealer, but I'd presumably lose the map if it was reset.

how do I tell if it has Fatigue Detection?
It's just a coding thing - however, not sure if it works on all Instruments clusters

Quite a few T6 codings e.g. here

Also a search for specifically MY16 BCM on our Forum results quite a few:

It's just a coding thing - however, not sure if it works on all Instruments clusters

Quite a few T6 codings e.g. here

Also a search for MY16 BCM on our Forum results quite a few:
My 2016 has fatigue detection.

Our original scan of a Highline early T6 sent to @John A along with a Car Data Print.

Rod

Reactions: mmi
Back