Amped

Refrigeration Install Engineer
T6 Guru
Any ideas on how easy it is to remove the mirror caps? I've just ordered some new ones and wondered how easy it is to change them?

Cheers

Rich

General_body_repairs__wing mirror cover.png

Attachments

• General_body_repairs__wing mirror cover.pdf
    204.7 KB · Views: 194
It does, i always go from the top, i lean the top out get behind it where you can and do the special pull wiggle and it pops out

Thanks again, hopefully get some pics up tomorrow if I get time

I have replaced mine but it was a fiddly job. I angled the glass down which made it easier to release the clips, but it was still tricky to use enough force to get the cover off without actualy breaking anything.

motor the mirror up or down, whichever gives you the biggest gap, if its a cold day use a hair dryer or hot air gun to warm up the insides then use a wide piece or perspex or similar to lever the glass off, don't try and release the clips just lever the glass off gently.

Here is a demonstration picture performed by the Blue man group;

IMG_0604.jpg

IMG_0233.JPG After all that they turned out to be cap covers Will do for now until I get the proper ones

View attachment 6313 After all that they turned out to be cap covers Will do for now until I get the proper ones
Where did you get them from and what sort of cost? There's 2cm clearance either side of my mirrors when I put the van in the garage and the inevitable is going to happen at some point

Where did you get them from and what sort of cost? There's 2cm clearance either side of my mirrors when I put the van in the garage and the inevitable is going to happen at some point
Vanstyle they do 2 different types real carbon and fake carbon think they start at £25

Saw the caps on a brand new sportline at volksworld today, they are the same as mine

Back