Mileage seems low

Saffa365

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi everyone

I just found a 2017 T6 highline it’s at a vw main dealer
Apparently the van was originally used in the building industry but there is no more info on that
It has full service history
But the mileage is only 12k does this sound right or am I overthinking this

Thanks in advance

Do you have a link for the advert ?
When I was looking for one last year I came across a few with wrong advertised mileage. Think they copy and paste details but forget to change the mileage...

If its been used in London then a lot of driving can equate to not many miles, the dealers should have access to any service records to back up the mileage.

I know it doesn’t help as a comparison but similar comment to what @Gavinda mentioned above. I bought my van from a self employed carpenter but with the seller being based in Croydon all of his work was London based and although used daily it had hardly any miles on it for its age (2015 T5.1 with 25k miles back in 2019). I had access to all MOT certificates and service history and it all tied up.

Worst case it may have been off the road for accident repair or mechanical failure.

Cheers guys , that’s all great help .
I’ll keep you updated and maybe join team starlight blue
Make sure you get an HPI check on it before you hand over any cash.

Thanks guys just a update
Van was full of rust , not sure how they expect to get top dollar for that van
To be fair the salesman was very embarrassed as we checked over it

The hunt continues

The rubber seal in drivers door opening was pulled away and revealing rust ( footwell area /step)

The back of the van the ply lining was lifting up from excess water , the tie down points were also showing signs of rust .
It clearly been used by a drains/ plumbing company and not looked after
They weren’t prepared to lift the floor plying

The rust in front will be just the steel strip inside the door rubber, common issue on transporters and easily sorted, I would imagine any rust in the rear would be cosmetic - the bodies are fully galvanised so rust is rarely an issue. I bet once the ply was ripped out and cleaned up it'd look like a different van.

Buy a V-Check report, checks salvage/recovered vehicles which isn't included in a HPI report

Back