Seeking advice on DFP / Emissions issues

StudioMarks

Hi everyone !

I'm hugely appreciative of the extensive knowledge being shared on here so please let me tap into it.

I bought a T6 startline last August, with about 35K mileage. its a 2017 T30/T6

It's come to my attention that the low mileage has probably got a lot to do with the fact the previous owner rarely used it for long journeys. my guess from the racking on the back and the roof rack it may have been a spark or a plumber.

soon after purchasing the van, the van begun Regen after shorter journeys. not every time but it became more frequent. At one stage the emissions dash light came on and went off again the same day. I began buying DPF cleaner on the advise of a mechanic.

It still regens but I have since learnt it won't Regen if there is a engine management fault/light on. This also apparently will still inhibit Regen if I turn of the light manually. according to a VW mechanic. and therefore DPF is not going into Regen.

My issue is this.

I am pouring through adblue at an alarming rate and it also prompts an engine management light, ... my hypothesis is, that the Adblue sensor is firing a fault, and the NOx sensor is firing a fault, and my Cylinder 3 glow plug is also firing a fault. Is this likely to be a knock on effect from a faulty and blue sensor? is it likely to be a DPF issue ? or as I suspect could this be likely to be an ECU issue ? I have read that the 2017 T6 Was recalled for something similar to this as far as I can tell.

I have tried to do my homework but I thought I would try and gain some experienced advise.

Thanks everyone

If you can post a full diagnostic report on the Forum it will help.

Hi everyone !

I'm hugely appreciative of the extensive knowledge being shared on here so please let me tap into it.

I bought a T6 startline last August, with about 35K mileage. its a 2017 T30/T6

It's come to my attention that the low mileage has probably got a lot to do with the fact the previous owner rarely used it for long journeys. my guess from the racking on the back and the roof rack it may have been a spark or a plumber.

soon after purchasing the van, the van begun Regen after shorter journeys. not every time but it became more frequent. At one stage the emissions dash light came on and went off again the same day. I began buying DPF cleaner on the advise of a mechanic.

It still regens but I have since learnt it won't Regen if there is a engine management fault/light on. This also apparently will still inhibit Regen if I turn of the light manually. according to a VW mechanic. and therefore DPF is not going into Regen.

My issue is this.

I am pouring through adblue at an alarming rate and it also prompts an engine management light, ... my hypothesis is, that the Adblue sensor is firing a fault, and the NOx sensor is firing a fault, and my Cylinder 3 glow plug is also firing a fault. Is this likely to be a knock on effect from a faulty and blue sensor? is it likely to be a DPF issue ? or as I suspect could this be likely to be an ECU issue ? I have read that the 2017 T6 Was recalled for something similar to this as far as I can tell.

I have tried to do my homework but I thought I would try and gain some experienced advise.

Thanks everyone
It needs a “Italian tune up”, spanking up & down the motorway for a couple of hundred miles in 4th gear.

loves it !
thal clear the DPF I'm assuming ? could it still have anything to do an ECU update? given the Adblue light ?

What’s the oil consumption like? If the engine is burning oil no amount of driving is going to clear the DPF.

Oil consumption seems fine, I've just had a full service, so nothing flagged there minus a very small leek from the sump that was a verbal caution, not even put down as an advisory on MOT.
I'm reading a lot about mapping and ECU issues, I'm thinking that might be the issue, I do plenty of Motorway miles, about 80 daily 100 miles all round commute.

Back