Meyle Drop Link Nut Size

davek

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Anybody know the size and pitch of the Meyle Drop Links, two of mine have worked loose, so going to fit locking nut with spring washer

I have a pair of new insignia Meyle drop links and they are M12 X 1.5 (just checked with the thread gauge).

I am planning to fit some schnorr or nordlock washers which are a modern version of a locking / spring washer. I know an aero engineer and spring washers are frownd upon in his field of work! The schnorr / nordlocks should only be used once.

That,s interesting, thank you very much for that. Steve at CRS said they had noticed a few of the Meyle oval type flanged nuts had worked loose when they were fitting suspension parts.

This is interesting - describes the principles of Nordlock washers (pair)

Yea, had a quick look at that, found a local stockist, so off to buy some tomorrow, thanks again.

My only thoughts pondering the subject this afternoon, would the nord lock need them both sides, which might be difficult with a drop link. My logic is the threaded ball joint post would effectively be free to turn.

I’m erring towards the schnorr, with a nyloc and loctite :)

Ian

There is a 16mm shank, on the threaded post side,(inside), this apparently allows you to tighten down the bolt without turning the threaded ball joint post.

Yes, but there is nothing preventing this turning / un-doing in use thus reducing the clamping force.

True, can you let me know what you decide, iv'e tightened my originals up temp, with spring washers, they seem to be holding so far, but ca',t go to far due to lockdown!

Back