Media connection not working / Phone not connecting - possible easy fix!

Mule

T6 Pro
I've had a quick search and cannot see it posted elsewhere but I've been having problems connecting my Android phone to the media unit in my T6.1. It just doesn't seem to recognise the phone despite it charging it.

I've checked connections, changed cables etc all without success but think have stumbled on the solution which should apply to all phones regardless of manufacturer.

The root cause appears to be 'pocket fluff' which over time builds up in the phone's charging port, compacting solid each time you plug in a cable preventing a secure connection.

I used a plastic toothpick and a bright light to see into the port and scraped the debris loose and flicked it out! I am now able to connect my phone to the van and use the apps from within my phone.

This YouTube video shows how to do it for the various charging ports you may have.

I've had a quick search and cannot see it posted elsewhere but I've been having problems connecting my Android phone to the media unit in my T6.1. It just doesn't seem to recognise the phone despite it charging it.

I've checked connections, changed cables etc all without success but think have stumbled on the solution which should apply to all phones regardless of manufacturer.

The root cause appears to be 'pocket fluff' which over time builds up in the phone's charging port, compacting solid each time you plug in a cable preventing a secure connection.

I used a plastic toothpick and a bright light to see into the port and scraped the debris loose and flicked it out! I am now able to connect my phone to the van and use the apps from within my phone.

This YouTube video shows how to do it for the various charging ports you may have.

very helpful and read just before I demolished the dashboard!!!!

Back