Maxton splitter

Have just signed up to the forum, having stumbled across these posts for the Maxton Splitter. Have just ordered the V1 version, which is a bit annoying as I did so before reading all the way through these threads and seeing the 5% discount code - oh well. Can't wait to get it on. Now just the problem of deciding whether to go for the colour coded rear spoiler from Banwy, or go for the gloss black version from customvans which has a nice bit of 'finger' detailing on its lower surface. Decisions are so difficult!

Have just signed up to the forum, having stumbled across these posts for the Maxton Splitter. Have just ordered the V1 version, which is a bit annoying as I did so before reading all the way through these threads and seeing the 5% discount code - oh well. Can't wait to get it on. Now just the problem of deciding whether to go for the colour coded rear spoiler from Banwy, or go for the gloss black version from customvans which has a nice bit of 'finger' detailing on its lower surface. Decisions are so difficult!
I'll be going for the gloss black one from Customvanz. I've seen both in the flesh so to speak and the Customvanz one just looks better in every way.
It fits better as it goes to the very edge of the tailgate panel and looks level with the roof unlike the OEM which stops short of the edge and slopes upwards, which to me looks like it doesn't fit properly. If you had gone with their front spliter (expensive admitedly) the "finger detailing" you mention is identical on that too.
At the end of the day it's all down to personal choice but I would strongly suggest you check them both out and I'm sure you will pick the correct one.

I'll be going for the gloss black one from Customvanz. I've seen both in the flesh so to speak and the Customvanz one just looks better in every way.
It fits better as it goes to the very edge of the tailgate panel and looks level with the roof unlike the OEM which stops short of the edge and slopes upwards, which to me looks like it doesn't fit properly. If you had gone with their front spliter (expensive admitedly) the "finger detailing" you mention is identical on that too.
At the end of the day it's all down to personal choice but I would strongly suggest you check them both out and I'm sure you will pick the correct one.
Thanks for that @Twoguns, customvans is not all that far away from me, reckon it might be worth a trip to go and have a close up. Had looked at their front splitter, but could not see that much of a difference between that and the Maxton one, except the price of course. Owch!

Thanks for that @Twoguns, customvans is not all that far away from me, reckon it might be worth a trip to go and have a close up. Had looked at their front splitter, but could not see that much of a difference between that and the Maxton one, except the price of course. Owch!
I was going to have it fitted tomorrow as I work down that way but the guy who does the drive through fitting service is away until the 5th of Nov I believe.
Just don't take your credit card as your other half won't be happy when your statement comes through.

I was going to have it fitted tomorrow as I work down that way but the guy who does the drive through fitting service is away until the 5th of Nov I believe.
Just don't take your credit card as your other half won't be happy when your statement comes through.
She's already going nuts at me and all I'm doing is making a list! Ok so the list runs to several pages, but I don't see how it is worse than the amount of pairs of shoes that she has!

Reactions: Rob
She's already going nuts at me and all I'm doing is making a list! Ok so the list runs to several pages, but I don't see how it is worse than the amount of pairs of shoes that she has!
Thankfully my miss's likes this van stuff too and is not into shoes and handbags thankfully, so more van accessories for me,sorry us.

Reactions: HHO
I've gone for the OEM rear in body colour and off to Custom Vanz the week after next for a gloss black front splitter. Seems to be lots of choices now rather than everyone being forced to buy the same. Variety is the spice of life :thumbsup:

That's sounds good @HHO are look forward to seeing some pics of the custom vanz splitter , help me decide ;)

@Twoguns I'd be really grateful if you'd PM me some pictures of it once its installed - it'll help me to come to the decision as to which one to get myself.

@DaveyB @Jules no problem I will. Just rung them and earliest they can do is next Monday but I can't do it until next Wednesday. As long as they have stock and are available I will have it fitted next Wednesday and post a few pictures.

@DaveyB @Jules no problem I will. Just rung them and earliest they can do is next Monday but I can't do it until next Wednesday. As long as they have stock and are available I will have it fitted next Wednesday and post a few pictures.
That's bad luck. I'm booked in next Monday AM - could have had a natter :unsure:

That's bad luck. I'm booked in next Monday AM - could have had a natter :unsure:
That would of been good. Ill just have to settle for looking at your pictures. Ill prob have the splitter done at a later date, or it could accidentally fall onto my van at the same time as I have the rear spoiler done. These things happen ;)

What you having done?

That would of been good. Ill just have to settle for looking at your pictures. Ill prob have the splitter done at a later date, or it could accidentally fall onto my van at the same time as I have the rear spoiler done. These things happen ;)

What you having done?
Booked in for front splitter :thumbsup: Originally planned for mid October but needed to reschedule. Looking forward to going but dreading it too - I know my wish list will grow ten-fold :sneaky:
This forum gives you a new idea every day let alone going to somewhere like that for an hour (or two!). The wife's already threatened to chop my goolies off if I come back with anything else :cautious::oops:

it wasn't too bad to bolt on, the corners were a bit of a niggle due to finger room. The best bit was having the front end of the van in the air so I could get under it to bolt and drill, but couldn't get the splitter to stay in place whilst I lined it all up.
Looked in the garage, hey presto happened to have an unpacked roll of loft insulation. Perfect size to wedge under and hold the splitter in place whilst I jjjjjjjj-jiggled it a bit.

Back