Maxton splitter

Rob

VIP Member
T6 Guru
today was the first day I have been on a decent run since fitting the splitter and at motorway speeds I noticed a slight drag as if I was driving in to a high head wind with a good 3/4mpg down. Now I can only assume that it is splitter related and looking at the front where the top of the splitter meets the underside of the bumper it forms a wedge type air trap so I thinking of dropping a thick type nylon washer on the bolts to allow the air to flow through.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this before?

Thanks

Just been looking at the Maxton splitters,can you really feel that much difference? May have to rethink my ideas.

Was tempted too with the Maxton, doesn't sound too good to me, anyone else noticed a difference?

I am assume it is splitter related but I have today brought something to space the splitter to the underside of he bumper which will allow air through and hopefully this will confirm if the splitter is the issue or not.

I am assume it is splitter related but I have today brought something to space the splitter to the underside of he bumper which will allow air through and hopefully this will confirm if the splitter is the issue or not.[/QUOTE
Nice one, hurry up and do it so I can decide wether to order mine or not lol

Be interesting how you get on with the spacers. I couldn't feel any difference whatsoever and over the last 3000K miles the MPG has stayed the same.

To drop 3/4 mpg is quite an amount and I'm sure I've of noticed that even if driving felt the same.

Not sure what happend with that post, when you hopping to get it done. Could someone take a few pics close up so I can see how it looks please.

Cheers

Rich

Reactions: Rob
@Amped lol will do it tomorrow and let you know because looks wise I am really pleased with it.

@mark can you drop a photo on of where yours meets the bumper please so I can see if mine is sitting where yours is.

Rob it won't be the splitter that's dragging your van down , it'll be all those stickers you've applied all over that lovely smooth paintwork , that or you've left someone's settee in the back of your van

My custom vanz splitter felt ok at 130 mph on the M6 going past jct 29 the other night at 1.30 am . These vans are getting to fast , the bloke in the BMW 320 D looked suprised as I passed him.
I must be getting old used to do 120 from Brum to Southampton in the early hours when the M40 first opened wouldn't have the balls these days, too many plods about!

That should be better @Rob, i see on the raceline site that theirs has space between it and the body to let air to travel all around it.

I had a good run out today and that has definitely cured it. Could not feel any drag/resistance at all.

Thanks for that info @Rob.
My next next purchase will be the Maxton splitter.
What did you use as spacers?
Does anyone know what the difference is betweem the V1 and V2 splitters?

Back