Magicblack T6 Van From France

P0L0

T6 Pro
Hi guys !

I can’t find better place to read and learn about T6 than here :laugh: In France, there is no such communities over a vehicule, excepté for classic Ines.

Last year, I asked advices to lower my future T6 because I own an underground garage:

And today, I can introduce you my T6, delivered at the beginning of the week. :cool:

4bu3-jpg.37430

So I live in Burgundy, on Dijon (yep, the Mustard :geek:) I ran à small business of macaroons... This is my work Van. It replaces my fifth Caddy, because now I need a third place for a mini-Polo :x3:

My first one and still there (2011 - 290.000km)
r0ca.jpg

bzi2-jpg.37431

This is 2.0 TDi 150hp, with DSG7 Transmission.
I chosed it Magic Black, and took some options:
- 80 liters fuel tank,
- « Comfort Pack »
- Power folding mirrors
- Heating driver seat (unavailable for 2 people seat next to me)
- Shift paddle on steering wheel

I already tuned it with an aluminium protection for rear bumper #PimpMyRide :eek:

oel4-jpg.37432

beug-jpg.37433

8dlk-jpg.37434

But some more extras will come soon :D

See ya

Last edited:
I started yesterday to install a rearview camera, as I did on all my Caddy’s

So firstly, I install power and videos cables in rear door:

7bxf.jpg

xbgd.jpg

This is the new camera on the right.

Above, the camera of the previous Caddy, but it doesn’t work anymore. I bought a license plate light cable at VW dealer to modify it in order to manage place for the camera.

fgoz.jpg

17nc.jpg

Dremel talked !!! Camera loose weight to fit in the bar.

omas.jpg

tsv1.jpg

The motherf*#k•r handle who take me more than an hour to put back in the door

tqik.jpg

But the result looks good

15s4.jpg

89yq.jpg

And finally, before putting back the interior door cover, I protected plugs with heatshrink

53mm.jpg

Next week: wiring from rear to dashboard

Do you know if there is a secret way to reach motor bay from interior ? I will need to install cables for front camera and garage door remote control..

Thanks for reading

Hey :)

No more pics today :confused:

I spent hours trying to pass video and power cables from the trunk to the cockpit.... Grrrrrrrrrrrr :mad::mad:
But that's done, they're now near the pedals...
I leave home tomorrow to go to the Agriculture Meeting in Paris up to Sunday...

Today I received my order from Originalteilemarkt.de.
That's switches i'll use to controll the electric doors (4) i have to go through to enter my garage

0you.jpg

q583.jpg

But they were wrong and send me a big switch (T5 ?) for 4 motion i suppose.
I would use This one to remote front camera if needed..

"That's all folks".... :D

the last 2 switches are "hill descent" (limitateur de vitesse en descente, any not just 4motion, as long as you have hillstart (demarage en cote)too) and diff lock (blocage differentiel) for the 4 motion models
i think it is for a not T6 (probably T5). mine are the same shape (almost) and size

Are any of those switches latching? You might need to connect them to some sort of latching relay or it might only work while you're pressing the button

the last 2 switches are "hill descent" (limitateur de vitesse en descente, any not just 4motion, as long as you have hillstart (demarage en cote)too) and diff lock (blocage differentiel) for the 4 motion models
i think it is for a not T6 (probably T5). mine are the same shape (almost) and size
Yep, "hill Descent" will be used to open the first door, just after a ... Descent :cool:
The other one (diff locking) is not for me, that's the mistake..

I hope this would be easy to change it !!

I ordered this one, who be placed between "ParkAssist" and "Hill Descent" switches..

Drucktaster-f%C3%BCr-D%C3%A4mpfungsverstellung-satinschwarz-weiss-7E0927124-WHS.jpg

Are any of those switches latching? You might need to connect them to some sort of latching relay or it might only work while you're pressing the button
No, none of them..

But I don't need any latching. Just a contact, as I would push the button of a remote control :geek:

Lol !

I saw something like that when I was looking for switches in my previous Caddy, for the same use.
But I didn't remember to search for it :sick:

these are keys/covers to place on OEM switches, isn't it ?

i think these are just masks for non functional place holders
i doubt they can be mounted on actual switches
i also think these are non transparent, they won't actually lit at night (the light is probably in the switch anyway, so blank -> no LED)

i prefer the design of the T5 buttons lol. it seems every generation gets slightly worse...

Oops, tu as raison, ce sont des cabochons, pas des touches à clpiser sur les interrupteurs..
Autant pour moi !

Hi everybody !

Rearview Camera : ok
But as I always want to go faster and faster, I made a mistake when wiring it: the screen switch on when reverse gear is engaged, but still runs in forward gear o_O

I think I know which cables I inversed

This is the first time I set up a « smart switch ». It allow to switch from rear to front camera when switching gear. Front camera is not yet in place (and not bought), I prefered to check if the switch seems functional, and it does :thumbsup:

———————————————

I also prepared the wiring of dash switches, to remote the garage doors, that’s ok !

I just need to plug to another switch to get the lighting.

———————————————-

And finally, the Bilstein B14s...
I received my order last week, and I couldn’t wait for assembly them

ygz0.jpg

May you tell me if that plastic washer is at right place ?

ovn9.jpg

Is that rubber shock in the right way, and no upside down ?

lo2w.jpg

And all that stuff in right position ?

87ch.jpg

mzgp.jpg

b4st.jpg

Final mounting scheduled on Saturday !!!

Only top hex nuts are missing, I forget them when ordering.
190307122259320698.jpg

I prefer not to take it from OEM shocks, but I hope my dealer would have it in stock...

Last edited:
:cool:

pfvs.jpg

I work in Paris for two days. I happened by chance in front of a dealer Vw, and stopped there.

Luckily, they had the two nuts I missed:
"Is it all you need? I offer them to you !! "

Last edited:
Hi mates :p

Today was the B14 Day :D
So I went to my friend garage to spend the afternoon on lowriding the t6..

zml2.jpg

We lose time on first front shock, but Everything happened really fast then.

OEM vs B14

xm5f.jpg

B14 in da place !!

ozkw.jpg

4swa.jpg

c4rw.jpg

and.....

Wow, that's lowwwwww :eek::D

p8dn.jpg

dfht.jpg

So we spent half an hour for rear shocks, very easy and fast to do

sed8.jpg

in4x.jpg

dpo8.jpg

Alignment checked:

zv7i.jpg

Final look.
So -6.5cm front, -4cm rear !

d8k5.jpg

Handling really nice, I feel more driving a car than a Bus :D.
the movements of are much better mastered (I don't know If that understandable :()

But I think I would reconsider future wheels.. I was looking for 17 steels, but found classified ads for 18" and even 20" :inlove::inlove:... it would be more reasonable to go for 17 steels for comfort and security. It's my work van, so it will be parked in the streets of Paris, Lyon, without any surveillance, and I don't want to risk attact wheel thiefs..

Finally, half victory, I can reach my garage floor, but I can't exit by the exit way where roof is very low, I have to exit by the entry way.:cautious::eek:

a0n3.jpg

Last edited:
Back