Lowering camper

morning all I suppose a lot of you have lowered your campers I have looked on line. It says there 40 or 50 mms what's the best looking height have you got any before and after photos please many thanks TONY

It's been spot on since its been done, no rubbing and a smooth ride. I was looking into coilovers but went with the cheaper option first.
was it sitting levelish before it was done. Mine is about 35mm higher at the front that's why I was thinking about 30mm lower at the front only

was it sitting levelish before it was done. Mine is about 35mm higher at the front that's why I was thinking about 30mm lower at the front only
It was level before, slightly higher now at the front, apparently there's an adjustment that can be made to level it out, I'll be sorting when I get the time.

It was level before, slightly higher now at the front, apparently there's an adjustment that can be made to level it out, I'll be sorting when I get the time.

Hi. I've been advised by an experienced converter to go for a 40mm drop on H&R's. (I'm still very much a newby but have got a few jobs out of the way already this summer - 240v hook up, 2 x side windows, Rev camera, 12v rear outlets, sound deadening etc). Can I ask what sort of weight you have in the back. Roughly speaking is it a R&R bed / full camper conversion or an empty space used for work / recreation?

I'm wanting to keep things simple for me and the Mrs. I've got a 2018 T30 SWB Highline 102 and it sits really high. It's got 9000 mls and hasn't seen much load lugging work at all. I don't need the full camper set up but will be having a full width (3 seat) R&R, A small floor mounted storage pod / hob / cooler type affair up front and storage boxes under the bed. I'm also going pop top aswell at some stage but no definite plans for this year. My intention is to run RR 20's ET53 with 10mm spacers but my Clayton 16's on winters.

Yours looks the dogs with a 50mm drop. Wondering if that would suit mine too? I'll be keeping the stock suspension for a while aswell. Any advice welcome.

Oh btw, was it an issue mounting the rack onto the pop top roof. Thanks, Russ

IMG_20190330_115410.jpg

I have lowered 50mm on 20s can be a harsh ride but this is on only the very roughest roads but 95% of the time no issues. I personally think 50 is the best height for these vans especially if you are going for bigger wheels as they can look like they're on stilts (personal opinion).

Hi. I've been advised by an experienced converter to go for a 40mm drop on H&R's. (I'm still very much a newby but have got a few jobs out of the way already this summer - 240v hook up, 2 x side windows, Rev camera, 12v rear outlets, sound deadening etc). Can I ask what sort of weight you have in the back. Roughly speaking is it a R&R bed / full camper conversion or an empty space used for work / recreation?

I'm wanting to keep things simple for me and the Mrs. I've got a 2018 T30 SWB Highline 102 and it sits really high. It's got 9000 mls and hasn't seen much load lugging work at all. I don't need the full camper set up but will be having a full width (3 seat) R&R, A small floor mounted storage pod / hob / cooler type affair up front and storage boxes under the bed. I'm also going pop top aswell at some stage but no definite plans for this year. My intention is to run RR 20's ET53 with 10mm spacers but my Clayton 16's on winters.

Yours looks the dogs with a 50mm drop. Wondering if that would suit mine too? I'll be keeping the stock suspension for a while aswell. Any advice welcome.

Oh btw, was it an issue mounting the rack onto the pop top roof. Thanks, Russ

Hello Russ,
Its a full conversion, all the cabinets and a crash tested R&R bed, I've recently toured Scotland (950miles) and had no issues with the ride quality apart from the occasional pot hole I couldn't miss. I went with BBS 20" wheels which still let me have a decent tyre wall which helps also. The roof bars were fitted by Skyline North East as part of the fitment of the roof and are rated to carry up to 60kg although I don't think I'll be putting more than a paddle board on it.

View attachment 44398

I have lowered 50mm on 20s can be a harsh ride but this is on only the very roughest roads but 95% of the time no issues. I personally think 50 is the best height for these vans especially if you are going for bigger wheels as they can look like they're on stilts (personal opinion).

What size tyres are you running??

Back