About to buy a lowered T6 and want to lift - good idea?

feralroo

VIP Member
Hello, I’ve been shopping around for a nice T6 camper which I’ve found and signed off with wife, deposit down etc (pictured)

We’ve got big plans for Europe trips/mountains/off-gridding and so plan to equip the van as necessary but it comes lowered on a Twin-Adjust-Projekt Sensitive coil-over kit with low profile alloys. Before I pull the trigger is it sensible to start with a lowered van, switch the lowering kit for a lift kit, low-profiles for a Swamper style setup or should I look for a van that hasn’t has its suspension tinkered with and lift from there?

Cheers

IMG_9566.png

If the rest of the van suits your needs then I don't see the suspension and wheels as a hurdle at all! In fact they are probably amongst the most common modifications on a transporter!

If the current setup doesn't suit what you want then you can always get it swapped out and sell what's currently there as long as you budget that into your spending. The added advantage of having non OEM suspension to start with is that the coil over kit and wheels will be worth a bit second hand, whereas people struggle to even give away OEM suspension.

If the current setup doesn't suit what you want then you can always get it swapped out and sell what's currently there as long as you budget that into your spending. The added advantage of having non OEM suspension to start with is that the coil over kit and wheels will be worth a bit second hand, whereas people struggle to even give away OEM suspension.
Thanks @david173 that gives me a bit more confidence! There’s a fair few things I plan to change and will definitely sell what comes off to help fund it. Can’t wait!

Good luck! make sure you post lots of pic when you get it!

oh and its the best colour as well so added bonus !!

If you become a VIP member on here you can post on the for sale/ wanted section, usually a cheap and effective way to sell items

Back