Lowering & 4-wheel Laser Alignment - How I Done It -

Hi, Yes, It seemed to go well at Tuned UK

He's a decent guy, with a quality professional set up and seems to know his stuff.

I had said that from the homework I had done I needed the 'no load' setting and a 'neutral' rear toe. He agreed that this was correct and that the front set up should be a 'parallel' set up. His system isn't a Hunter alignment one, but a more advanced system called 'Absolute Alignment' Absolute Alignment 4-Wheel Alignment Equipment

The drive back felt much better, but that wouldn't of been hard as the geometry was quite a way out to start with... The van felt more planted to the road, more grippy, but also more responsive. There was a noticeable reduction in drift to the left and once on the motorway, it was straight as an arrow.

I have to bow to his superior knowledge that he has set this up correctly, I understand there are lots of differing views over this subject on this forum.

He did say that 0.3mm toe was as good as he could get it on the rear without the adjustable poly bushes... but such a small amount wasn't going to effect driveabilty or tyre wear significantly. However I will keep an eye on this over the coming months.

Here are the before and after reports....

View attachment 73598

View attachment 73599
Thanks for the detailed write up.

Thanks for the detailed write up.
no problem, as you can see its a little more detailed than the standard Hunter alignment... next level up stuff... his work on Facebook speaks for itself...

From what I saw i would recommend, very professional... price was reasonable as well at £80. :thumbsup:

no problem, as you can see its a little more detailed than the standard Hunter alignment... next level up stuff... his work on Facebook speaks for itself...

From what I saw i would recommend, very professional... price was reasonable as well at £80. :thumbsup:

sounds like you are really happy with the set up. I’m slightly puzzled as I thought they were in Wrexham but the address on your printouts is Chester.

sounds like you are really happy with the set up. I’m slightly puzzled as I thought they were in Wrexham but the address on your printouts is Chester.

Yes @Skyliner33 the drive is much improved from where it was before.. He is based in Wrexham, i think he might have two premises, but the Wrexham one is his main workshop and where you would need to go for the alignment.

Last edited:
Hi, Yes, It seemed to go well at Tuned UK

He's a decent guy, with a quality professional set up and seems to know his stuff.

I had said that from the homework I had done I needed the 'no load' setting and a 'neutral' rear toe. He agreed that this was correct and that the front set up should be a 'parallel' set up. His system isn't a Hunter alignment one, but a more advanced system called 'Absolute Alignment' Absolute Alignment 4-Wheel Alignment Equipment

The drive back felt much better, but that wouldn't of been hard as the geometry was quite a way out to start with... The van felt more planted to the road, more grippy, but also more responsive. There was a noticeable reduction in drift to the left and once on the motorway, it was straight as an arrow.

I have to bow to his superior knowledge that he has set this up correctly, I understand there are lots of differing views over this subject on this forum.

He did say that 0.3mm toe was as good as he could get it on the rear without the adjustable poly bushes... but such a small amount wasn't going to effect driveabilty or tyre wear significantly. However I will keep an eye on this over the coming months.

Here are the before and after reports....

View attachment 73598

View attachment 73599

The link for the alignment makers is malicious, according to my security.

Absolute Wheel Alignment seems to be certified

Haha! Yeah... I'm into the tech world and I know the one I use is a sensitive bugger. Lol
Just strange the other one works fine for me though.... just saying. Lol

Still pulling to the left... stock sportline suspension t32.
Can that much camber really effect things that much?
Feel like I'm back to square one..

20200806_161248.jpg

If anyone could help that would be great. Just been to the garage to get my alignment checked, does anyone know is it just the factory settings they use for their machine or does it need to be different settings for what suspension you have fitted? Currently on st coilovers lowered 45mm

You need a Hunter machine and the settings on an empty van, not loaded.

What area are you in? We should be able to find a decent alignment place near to you.

So just back from getting aligned. Apparently there is no way to alter the rear? I feel I have been done here by going on this thread im sure I read you could.

20201015_164534.jpg

I'm in Central Scotland mate. Just went to my closest registered hunter alignment centre

I’m not personally aware of any good alignment companies up that way, other members may know better.

There’s no rear caster or camber on a T6, only toe. I’ve got adjustable rear poly bushes on my bus, they seem ok but I’be not had them on long enough to really tell how effective they are.

Good @Dellmassive post here - Lowering & 4-wheel Laser Alignment - How I Done It -

I’m not personally aware of any good alignment companies up that way, other members may know better.

There’s no rear caster or camber on a T6, only toe. I’ve got adjustable rear poly bushes on my bus, they seem ok but I’be not had them on long enough to really tell how effective they are.

Good @Dellmassive post here - Lowering & 4-wheel Laser Alignment - How I Done It -
Thanks for the reply. Re read the start of this thread and it clearly shows the rear toe can be adjusted. Not sure whether to get in touch with the same garage with this information or try another 1 if they were just fogging me off. Would like to get the rear toe within tolerance or atleast close to it

The rear will be at the limit of adjustment though on a 40mm drop.. thats where the adjustable poly bushes for the rear come in to provide more adjustment...

Back