Low Wash Warning Light

Blackstar

T6 Pro
Hi, ran out of windscreen washer fluid on the motorway yesterday yet no warning lights appeared?
That made me realise that I'd been driving two and a half hours and no "rest warning' light had appeared.
Could this be a fuse?
I've searched for the fuse box diagram (2021 T6.1) but seriously, how hard can this be! Manual as much use as a chocolate fireguard.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi, ran out of windscreen washer fluid on the motorway yesterday yet no warning lights appeared?
That made me realise that I'd been driving two and a half hours and no "rest warning' light had appeared.
Could this be a fuse?
I've searched for the fuse box diagram (2021 T6.1) but seriously, how hard can this be! Manual as much use as a chocolate fireguard.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Do you actually know if you have a low washer warning light, has it worked before? Iirc it’s an optional extra. The “take a rest alert” uses input from various sensors to decide if you’re getting fatigued, it’s a not straightforward time limit.

...uses input from various sensors to decide if you’re getting fatigued, it’s a not straightforward time limit.
Really?
What's spying on me in the bus?
I get peed off with it repeating itself every 20 mins.....I must turn it off sometime.

Reactions: CAB
It’s an optional extra so maybe part of an upgrade pack/option ?
Lights and vision maybe ?

I assumed my Highline has a level light, but as I've now had it a few months, and used plenty of screenwash, still no light yet. I'm beginning to wonder if it actually doesn't have one. Time will tell........

My 6.1 Highline has LED headlights but no low washer fluid warning…

My 6.1 Highline has LED headlights but no low washer fluid warning…
Are they factory LEDs? I thought that the washer level warning was part of the type approval. Same as self levelling etc.

You can add the sensor to the water reservoir and run wires to the BCM and install via VCDS. Been done on other VAG marques.

@Salty Spuds - yes they are factory LEDs. Maybe the sensor isn’t working as i ran out with no warning. I’ll have a look at the washer bottle tomorrow and see if there’s any sort of sensor on it.

@Salty Spuds - yes they are factory LEDs. Maybe the sensor isn’t working as i ran out with no warning. I’ll have a look at the washer bottle tomorrow and see if there’s any sort of sensor on it.
If it's a 6.1 the warning isn't there as 'standard' even with LEDs AFAIK.

Yes it’s got factory LED’s (as extra when van was ordered).
Is there a simple way of finding out whether it has the sensor?
Many thanks to all who’ve replied.

The T6 had the low level sensor with headlight washers (most LED lights) and the vision pack. You can add it but it requires a wire from the instruments to the bottle and a new bottle with the sensor. The highline didn't have a low level sensor as standard.

The driver alert is calculated as a function of steering input/braking & acceleration /time you started in the morning/ total driving ours in a day.

Many thanks. It’s crazy that in 2021 you pay £30+k for a van and it doesn’t have a low level wash warning! Disgraceful VW.

Back