Loosing faith in my Webasto

Lone Wolf

T6 Pro
Only owned my webasto for a few years and it it lets me down each year when needed.
Got another fault code come up H02, can smell and hear the diesel going through but not igniting!!!
Does anyone know any good Webasto engineers near the Romford area please?

The 2000 One, about 3 years old and only probably not used no more than 100 hours.
I wasn’t aware that they needed servicing, thought that they only recommended running it once a month for the up keep of it?

Glow plug?

Got some pics?

@oldiebut goodie is your man, I'm sure it can sorted with a service.

Webastow is considered one of the better quality units available.

A monthly run is normally recommended at full power, to keep the unit functional.

Running derv heaters on low power can cause them to coke up and need frequent services.

You now have a choice of 2000, 2000S, 2000ST or 2000STC!
I am assuming 2000STC.
Low hours then. How has it been used - has it been used to give low heat for prolonged periods instead of being run at full heat often? If so you may well have prematurely coked up the burner pad.
Where is the fuel taken from? If it is from a takeoff from the return pipe it has been found that this does not work well due to a non-return valve in the tank pump.
But first, how many times has it failed to start this last time of trying? ( because if there was something preventing start you should get an error code for that functions failure rather than just no start)

Another thought - has it been run regularly so that it now has winter fuel in the line and pump rather than summer fuel?

Blimey Oldiebut goodie Im going to be calling you Mr Webasto.
I would love you to get your hands on it as you are the master :)
yeah it’s the 2000STC one and I have tried it several times and just comes up H02 on the controller after about 5 mins on each attempt
I am guilty and a bit ignorant of running it frequently but did run it 6 weeks ago prior for a few nights, never more than 21 degrees.
This time round I was only trying it on 19 as didn’t want to cook the dogs in the back as only wanted to dry them off.
I really didn’t know about the low temps could effect as when setting it on 19 before it would of been on for a good hour at least and thought that would of been ok.
Every day is a school day. Really appreciate it.
As for the fuel line I will check tomorrow.

Same problem for me this morning. I have the Airtop 2000STC which is underslung on my T6 and comes with a multicontroller display. It's been working fine and I have had it on most days this week but now it wont work and gives H02 code on the display. There's smoke and a smell of unburnt diesel coming out of the exhaust so it seems to be getting fuel. I cant check the air intlet as it's underslung and the plastic under-trays protect it so I assume the inlet cant be blocked. It's off to the Websato installer in Leighton Buzzard this afternoon as they installed it last October.

I'll report back what they find/fix.

Reactions: CAB
Same problem for me this morning. I have the Airtop 2000STC which is underslung on my T6 and comes with a multicontroller display. It's been working fine and I have had it on most days this week but now it wont work and gives H02 code on the display. There's smoke and a smell of unburnt diesel coming out of the exhaust so it seems to be getting fuel. I cant check the air intlet as it's underslung and the plastic under-trays protect it so I assume the inlet cant be blocked. It's off to the Websato installer in Leighton Buzzard this afternoon as they installed it last October.

Interesting to hear how you get on. Reading these messages makes me think I may need to start looking after mine a bit better and LB isn’t far from me

It is simple enough - 99% certainty that burner pad is carboned up. Do you run it at low heat a lot?
Check the rest of the error codes, there are likely to be some more.

It is simple enough - 99% certainty that burner pad is carboned up. Do you run it at low heat a lot?
Check the rest of the error codes, there are likely to be some more.
Thanks but I do run at high temperature for 45mins a month to make sure it's clear. There's no other fault codes stored in the multicontroller so not sure what's going on. (Fuel tank is over half full and AGM leisure battery at 13.05V)

Mine was rectified by vanextras in Brentwood by them plugging their webasto computer in. He thought it was going to be a new flame igniter but was able to re calibrate through the computer and got it up and running within 5 minutes. There was a lot of smoke at first but soon cleared.
Hope yours goes ok

Thanks but I do run at high temperature for 45mins a month to make sure it's clear. There's no other fault codes stored in the multicontroller so not sure what's going on. (Fuel tank is over half full and AGM leisure battery at 13.05V)
The other unlikely scenario is that your CO2 level is incorrectly adjusted, this is what I would check next. If this is incorrect it will lead to carbon build up also - it has been heard of that this has been incorrectly set from new.

The measured CO2 content at low-fire rate (1,5 kW) must be between 5,0 % and 8,0 %

Diesel fuel is being messed about with, their adding more Bio fuels apparantly which is affecting the start up time on Wallas hobs. I had to have a new PCB swapped to allow longer ignition time. My hob was only 5 months old but would not fire first time.
Just a thought !

Does using fuel with an additive affect the heater? (Add in or premium fuels for example)

According to Webasto there are no known adverse effects with the use of additives:

16.3 Fuel for Air Top 2000 ST D (Diesel/Heating Oil):
The diesel fuel specified by the vehicle manufacturer must be used.
We know of no negative influences due to additives.
If fuel is extracted from the vehicle’s tank, follow the additive instructions issued by the vehicle manufacturer.
If you change to low-temperature fuel, the heater must be operated for approx. 15 minutes so that the fuel system is
filled with the new fuel.
The Air Top 2000 ST heater is also licensed for use with PME (bio-diesel), which complies with DIN EN 14214.

Well, back from AEC in Leighton Buzzard and the heater is working fine. They did a diagnostics and couldn't find anything wrong other than a tiny amount of carbon on the burner thingy. The damn thing was working again when they tried it but they admitted it was smoking way more than it should during the start-up and warm-up. The glow plug measured slightly off according to the engineer so he changed it for new and the heater starts-up whith hardly any smoke and runs fine now. All done under warranty.

I don't know as the van went off to their workshop. They did say they checked it was set-up correctly; not sure if that means they actually plugged-in and looked at it or?

Back