Living in Wales with 20mph limit #regen

Such driving issues aren't confined to any particular area - IME they happen nationwide. Regardless, it is perverse and illogical to lower the speed limits in response to drivers failing to observe the speed limit. Enforcement of the existing speed limit would be a far more appropriate response, be that via increased police presence or via more speed cameras.

Yes it may be. But residents moan about speeding drivers until the council do something. lt happened on a road near here.
20mph signs were put up but were ignored.

Eventually the council did the next cheapest thing and put vicious speed humps on the road so now it's a nightmare to drive down there.
Cameras were suggested but there were too many side roads.

In Portugal if you are detected exceeding the speed limit in a village or town the next set of traffic lights goes red just as you approach.
It’s a very good deterrent.

In Portugal if you are detected exceeding the speed limit in a village or town the next set of traffic lights goes red just as you approach.
It’s a very good deterrent.
@DXX closer to home... Have in Scotland. They're on the A75 hearing down from Cairnryan to Gretna Green at place called Crocketford. What I've seen though is the poor folks held up at lights because of speeder on front. They seem to just whiz through lights. Def makes you watch speed though. Also quite amusing when you do catch-up behind the guilty party!

Reactions: DXX
I found the system in place in Germany very useful when the family lived there. On major routes they would phase the lights and there were additional "traffic lights" the lit up with advised speeds. If you stuck to that speed the next light was green, if you raced ahead you'd just wait. It was very effective.

Or automatic GPS restricted vehicle speed, it’s coming sooner than we think.
Who’s going to map their way out of that one?
I cant wait tbh, but then do you then put your foot to floor and as you pass through different speed zones the car just hits 20, then 60, then 20? And I bet all the speed bumps can go
I found the system in place in Germany very useful when the family lived there. On major routes they would phase the lights and there were additional "traffic lights" the lit up with advised speeds. If you stuck to that speed the next light was green, if you raced ahead you'd just wait. It was very effective.
I read this once. My village needs this as its a rat-run out toward the M3/M25

Reactions: CAB
Back