Liquid gasket position between cylinder head and camshaft housing

I have found erWin online and can see what it offers, thank you for the suggestion.
If you have access to it currently or if you have used it in the past to clarify exactly where the sealant needs to be applied whilst carrying out the same work as I am doing (i.e. mating the camshaft housing to the cylinder head), can you tell me if gives a definitive description and/or diagram to fully answer my original query and thus rule out any guesswork arising from the inaccurate diagram in my 2019 workshop manual.
Thank you.
At the moment I do not have access but I would be surprised to see an update on this specific item.
Instead I checked what's said on some other 2.0 common rail engines of same age (and mostly with camshaft module):
  • T6.1 - engines DMZA, DNAA, -B, -C - exactly the same drawing, etc
  • Crafter - workshop manual doesn't even mention the sealant even though it's mentioned in the actual parts diagram
  • Caddy - 2mm sealant bead along the mid-line of the flange face
  • Tiguan - as in Caddy (applies also Passat, Arteon)
  • Amarok - as in Caddy although no camshaft module
The sealant in parts diagrams in the same for all the above - no T6 special.

I'm inclined to follow "traditional" way the mechanic stated for using the sealant.
Also isn't there an oil channel in the area in post#10 - which shouldn't be blocked??

1716050962080.png

Back