Liqui Moly Ceratec

Bryn23

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Just wondering if anyone here has used Ceratec?

Im dropping the oil this weekend, before we head off again around Australia and i was thinking of trying some, i used their Diesel additive every second tank during our last lap around aus and i noticed the improvement.

Seems to be highly rated...

Well, i ordered in some to try,

i've got 15 litres of oil to use up, so ill do a double oil change to clean out the engine before trying it.

It will be interesting to see what the current oil looks like as i did a 7000km drive over 7 days in 40-47 degree heat.

I'll post back after I've gotten a few km on it.

So i dropped the oil and filter from my first oil change on saturday this morning, i put about 80km on it while waiting for there CeraTec to be delivered to the workshop.

The oil wasn't too bad, but thats to be expected with only 80km on the oil, but now with the old Castrol oil out of the system, with Nulon 5-30 euro full synthetic, i did hear and feel a slight improvement over the Castrol, on the first oil change, but that is also to be expected, its new oil.

So i followed the Liqui Moly Ceratec instructions and added 6% of the total oil capacity, which was 420ml, with the new oil.

I noticed a huge difference in noise from the engine after start up, i've only driven it for 20km, but overall, its is so much quieter.... although i can really hear my worn AT tires now:rofl:

It'll be interesting to see if there is any fuel economy improvements, but the engine does seem a lot smoother.

time to put some km on the van :thumbsup:

I’ve not heard of this product, but I’m a big believer in quality oils/filters and being changed frequently, mine is done every 5,000 miles.

I've never used this Ceratec product before, so i thought id give it a go, i've used their Moly additives in SxS ATV vehicles for engines and Diffs and have been really impressed with the noise reduction and smoother shifting.

I am all for frequent oil changes, Quality Oil and Filters are cheap in the long run, and it isn't hard.

I grab Oil when its on sale, its not hard to get it at 50% every now and then.

Well, i ran the Ceratec for 5000km, and it does appear that it does reduce friction.

I noticed from the lab oil tests that there was a reduction in Iron, Aluminum and copper from the last oil change ( i have had the oil tested since new from every oil change, i do have a CAFA engine)

I also have a Dark Development Oil Cooler sitting in my workshop, that i'll be fitting in the near future, to reduce the oil temps.

Hello Bryn. I have just purchased a bottle of the Ceratec after reading your post. I will be due to get the oil and filter changed when I get home from work in a couple of weeks.

Can you run me through what the procedure is once I am ready to fill her up with new oil and the ceratec:

In my mind. I will fire the full bottle of ceratec in and then fill the rest up with oil ;)

Cheers mate.

Hello Bryn. I have just purchased a bottle of the Ceratec after reading your post. I will be due to get the oil and filter changed when I get home from work in a couple of weeks.

Can you run me through what the procedure is once I am ready to fill her up with new oil and the ceratec:

In my mind. I will fire the full bottle of ceratec in and then fill the rest up with oil ;)

Cheers mate.
Hi Stevio,

Hopefully you see the same results as i get with this stuff, i really notice that the engine is quieter.

I just put it in after i put the first 5 ltr of oil (I buy my oil in 5 litre containers) add the rest of the oil minus the ceratec amount after putting the ceratec in.

The ceratec bottle does need a lot of shaking before pouring it in the engine, i also add oil into the ceratec bottle after i've emptied it and shake it again to get any remaining ceratec out.

Cheers,

Hi Bryn, Awesome mate. easy as that. I will let you know how I get on. Cheers

Cheers mate.
@Stevio where did you purchase yours from? My local can get it stocked but at £27, whereas Amazon have it at £17. Naturally, having been bitten before, you do worry if this isn’t genuine Liqui Moly, but as it’s such a niche product I hope it is!

Hmmm I might have a punt on some of this. Anyone know how much oil the engine? (Hopefully its the same in all variants?)

@Stevio where did you purchase yours from? My local can get it stocked but at £27, whereas Amazon have it at £17. Naturally, having been bitten before, you do worry if this isn’t genuine Liqui Moly, but as it’s such a niche product I hope it is!
Hi Mate,

I had been given money for amazon from my work for me to use. So I just purchased from there.

I am an Ebay man 99.999% of the time.

It better not be fake haha.

I noticed a huge difference in noise from the engine after start up, i've only driven it for 20km, but overall, its is so much quieter.... although i can really hear my worn AT tires now
I have noticed the noise difference too. My CAAC engine sounds a lot quieter, even at speed. The biggest surprise was the wife noticing!

I have noticed the noise difference too. My CAAC engine sounds a lot quieter, even at speed. The biggest surprise was the wife noticing!
Out of interest, have you noticed any improvement in fuel consumption as well? They cite this as another benefit, so interested to know if it makes any noticeable difference or not.

Out of interest, have you noticed any improvement in fuel consumption as well? They cite this as another benefit, so interested to know if it makes any noticeable difference or not.
I’m off to Austria Thursday so I’ll be able to let you know, as a recent break in the Highlands has given me some motorway miles to compare it to.

Back