Limo Tinting My T6 Kombi

Ian28

T6 Guru
My Kombi has the VW privacy glass and I want to get it fully limo tinted including the rear window which has heated screen & wiper. Looks like there’s a decent outfit near me - do I just ask them to apply a ‘limo tint’ or will they bamboozle me with percentages and visual light details etc.?

Just ask for limo if that's what you want. They might try to talk you into blending the middle section, I did that on a Passat estate once, looked good but I've done limo from b pillar back on my Caravelle and think that looks good too!

Cheers. I never carry passengers in the back so I want it limo for everything behind the b pillars. Camper van so purely for privacy.

Getting it done this Thursday. The guy said I should go one below limo because my glass is privacy so has some tint already. ‘Whatever’ I said, just make it too dark for folks to see inside.

I have limo tint over factory tint and it is very dark, I think I would have gone a shade lighter if I had known.

My Kombi is hopefully getting carpet lined,insulated and pop top fitted next month.
I want to get the rear windows tinted with probably limo tint.
Is it best to get this done before my conversion or wait until it is complete ?
What have others done in this situation ?

I'd personally wait so they don't get scratched during the work :thumbsup:

Make sure they mask everything up when they chop the roof out too, lots of people had rusty glass after...

Got mine done last. Had to remove the internal blinds (swellshades) to give full access to the whole window but that wasn’t too much of an issue as they just clip in/out of metal rails.

Back