Light issue but all lights working

Outcycling

T6 Pro
We just got the tow bar programmed in and they told me at the time that if the light-bulb error lamp comes on the dash and the indicator clicks at double speed then there is a bulb fault, but all the lights seem to be working fine!?

Only light not coming on is reversing off side (driver) but I’ve already put that into a garage to ask about that and apparently that build doesn’t actually come on on my version of the T6 (2019 150bhp manual).

Has anyone else had this issue?

Cheers.

You haven't got an issue unless the dash warning light actually comes on. Go tow something and enjoy.

Ahh, OK then.

1. Was the dash light on prior to the tow bar being programmed? (Y/N)
2. Was the dash light on when you got the van back straight after the programming? (Y/N)
3. Has the dash light come on some time after the tow bar was programmed? (Y/N)
4. Does the dash light come on straight after starting the van or does it only come on once you operate a certain light like the brake, indicator, full beam, reverse etc?
5. Have you fitted any LED bulbs or swapped headlamp or taillight to LED assembly?

We just got the tow bar programmed in and they told me at the time that if the light bulb comes on in the dash and the indicator clicks at double speed then there is a bulb fault but all the lights seem to be working fine!? Only light not coming on is reversing off side (driver) but I’ve already put that into a garage to ask about that and apparently that build doesn’t actually come on on my version of the T6 (2019 150bhp manual). Has anyone else had this issue?

Cheers.

I get exactly the same light on mine when towing, but only intermittently, but both the van and trailer lights perform correctly whether the light is illuminated or not.
So I ignore it.

Do you only have the problem when your trailer is connected? Are the lights on your trailer LED?

Do you have rear parking sensors? Does the van look like a trailer is connected in the head unit display when its not?

Do you have rear parking sensors? Does the van look like a trailer is connected in the head unit display when its not?
Yes sensors, no to display. All seems fine bar the lamp and double speed indicator.

Do you only have the problem when your trailer is connected? Are the lights on your trailer LED?
Haven’t tried connecting a trailer yet. The fault is with nothing connected.

I get exactly the same light on mine when towing, but only intermittently, but both the van and trailer lights perform correctly whether the light is illuminated or not.
So I ignore it.
I think this is what I’ll end up doing but irritating.

Ahh, OK then.

1. Was the dash light on prior to the tow bar being programmed? (Y/N)
2. Was the dash light on when you got the van back straight after the programming? (Y/N)
3. Has the dash light come on some time after the tow bar was programmed? (Y/N)
4. Does the dash light come on straight after starting the van or does it only come on once you operate a certain light like the brake, indicator, full beam, reverse etc?
5. Have you fitted any LED bulbs or swapped headlamp or taillight to LED assembly?
As far as I know (I don’t get to drive it much)
1 N
2 no idea as didn’t turn lights on until 5 days later.
3 Y
4 soon as lights turned on
5 no

Had very similar issues the other week. Turned out to be the control unit was faulty. Try unplugging the module and see if the warning light goes away?

Go back to who ever fitted your towbar. You either have a faulty module or it's been incorrectly coded.

Back