Lifting Carpet Lining

PaulCall

VIP Member
Hi all, anyone know how to lift a section of carpet lining without destroying it?

I want to fit a rear dash cam/ reversing camera and the feed/ video signal cable needs to be fed up the D pillar and then down the roof under (over?) The head lining to the front. However with the exception of the rear door cable entry glands and the rear light cluster (barn doors) I do not have access to d pillar / roof cut Outs. The Van was professionally converted and the D pillar and roof are carpet lined.

Have you managed to get this sorted? Also i had mine installed by GZR Performance as they were recommended by VW Breeze.
Sorry I've not answered your question.

I've done several vans for friends, from my experience I don't think it will pull away without tearing or stretching as the glue is pretty strong stuff also lining carpet is very fibrous so strands will separate/ tear if you know what I mean. Only one way of finding out! Easily replaced if damaged though

Thanks for the info, I have not been brave enough to tackle it as yet. But will get to it over the winter.

Back