Lesuire Battery fuse box location options

snoop6060

T6 Pro
Morning,

I have received all my bits and bobs from @travelvolts. I've got the battery strapped down neatly (after a bit if dremmeling). with the ctek 250 mounted on ply sideways that's bolted to the seat base. There is also a jl audio amp under there. So it's quite tight, but it fits and is neat.

Now the fuse box is a 12 way one , quite compact. I can get it under the base too, but it's a real squeeze and means a fair bit of pissing about everytime I want to access it. There is a also a small gap between the back of the battery and the back seat base cover where it might fit, but not sure how to actually attach it is so little space that I don't think I can get s ply mount in there as well. I don't want to use the bench if possible as it already has a sub and is on a swivel making cabling it a bit of a mare.

Under the dash? In the back? On display ready to be boxed in when the furniture goes in? Behind a panel? 50mm class O foam behind the lower panel behind drivers seat but could possible mount it there on ply if I remove some.

Where to people have theres?

Cheers
Si

Why not fashion a bracket to mount on the rear of the seat base behind the battery in a horizontal position? This will be easily accessible with the seat right forward.

Got all my gear from Martyn (TVolts). Managed to get the leisure battery, 240v consumer unit, ring RSCDC30 and battery charger under the drivers seat for accessibillity. My 12v fuse box in the back where the furniture is going. I've protected it with a 40Amp maxi blade fuse at the battery, 6mm cable and everything is earthed to a bus bar at the earth point in the RH rear qtr panel. I figure it will make it easier to add any further sockets or lights in the future. I recon flexible reading lights on the rear pillars will be a must!

Seat base pocket?. Wires travel up from under the seat base in through a small hole and to the fixed box..
You could make a cutout in the pocket to gain access to fuses?.

Just a thought!.

Seat base pocket?. Wires travel up from under the seat base in through a small hole and to the fixed box..
You could make a cutout in the pocket to gain access to fuses?.

Just a thought!.

I did actually consider this as it's otherwise useless. Well it does seem to catch change the falls out my pocket but apart from that, not a great deal else. Will see if I can fashion a lid of sorts today and will move my fusebox there as it's then super easy to wire stuff and replace fuses.

Back