Leisure Battery under swivel?

Mbr_tattoist

T6 Pro
On removing the seat and putting swivel vase onto base the leisure battery sits too high is it just a case of re locating the battery or adding two Rectangular tube spacers I between base and swivel ???
Any ideas or help grately appreciated

If it's an AGM battery, they can be fitted on their side. This might give you the space you require.

I would think twice about adding spacers as the swivel raises the seat about 25mm.

Hi, recently bought a T6 panel van with the intention to convert to a camper. I hope to be able to put a leisure battery, DC-DC charger and whatever other electrics I can fit under a standard double passenger seat.. but I also want to install a swivel base like that offered by Kiravans.

Is this possible? as from what I can tell from the numerous videos etc the whole seat base rotates from the floor so the contents would rotate with it or is it a case of choosing between swivel seat or under seat electrics

Thanks again, That’s what I was wondering if the whole seat base rotates even if you fed the wires through a central point it wouldn’t be ideal.

if the kiravans is a no go, any recommendations for an alternative swivel that keeps the base static?

cheers

My lads T5 camper has a Kiravans double-swivel. Theres bags of room in the base and we did think of various options for putting the LB in there but concluded its just too risky, one chaffed cable and its all up in smoke. The Kiravans doesnt just swivel, it also slides back & forth and left & right so its not as simple as a central cable.
One option we considered was a fused heavy duty plug & socket (such as an XT90) on the battery which would be unplugged to swivel, then reconnected, with parallel feeds left & right for when its swivelled or not. I'm sure that one day we'd forget and have a short.

Hi, recently bought a T6 panel van with the intention to convert to a camper. I hope to be able to put a leisure battery, DC-DC charger and whatever other electrics I can fit under a standard double passenger seat.. but I also want to install a swivel base like that offered by Kiravans.

Is this possible? as from what I can tell from the numerous videos etc the whole seat base rotates from the floor so the contents would rotate with it or is it a case of choosing between swivel seat or under seat electrics
there's a lot of room under the drivers seat for electrics and L Battery and keep your storage under the double passenger seat you need as much storage as you can get and a swivel to max out the room in the back
check out Dellmassivs how he did it series page in electrics main forum he shows you how much can be fitted under the seat

Last edited:
Yes, did consider the drivers seat, but the van I bought has already had a small 60ah battery added under the passenger seat with a dc-dc charger, so was hoping to just replace the battery whilst keeping the cabling.
With the plan for a decent sized battery,dc+ ac chargers, solar charger, shunt, inverter and all the other bits planned I thought I’d need all the space I could get to minimise eating into the cupboards etc.

I have just come across this:

I’m looking to get the van booked in for a pop top and windows, but was going to get the swivel to get the main electrics in but I’ll just hold off to see if the above becomes available, if not I’ll have to look to go drivers seat route.

Hi there, we purchased a t6 last year year want to change the front double passenger seat (swivel based) into a single captain seat.
Secondly the drivers seat has the leisure battery underneath, is there a way of getting a swivel seat for this or not possible due to the battery location?
Anyone know of a company in Sussex?

Hi there, we purchased a t6 last year year want to change the front double passenger seat (swivel based) into a single captain seat.
Secondly the drivers seat has the leisure battery underneath, is there a way of getting a swivel seat for this or not possible due to the battery location?
Single passenger seats do come up for sale, but depending on your trim, may be hard to match. You may end up deciding to sell them as a set if you can’t find an identical single passenger or don’t want to get the replacement retrimmed.

Adding a swivel to your seat should be possible but you’ll likely lose your ability to raise / lower the seat.

Try @BognorMotors for the above.

Single passenger seats do come up for sale, but depending on your trim, may be hard to match. You may end up deciding to sell them as a set if you can’t find an identical single passenger or don’t want to get the replacement retrimmed.

Adding a swivel to your seat should be possible but you’ll likely lose your ability to raise / lower the seat.

Try @BognorMotors for the above.
Thanks for that... Will look into it.
We only have covers over the seats, so no problem changing them for leather if the right ones come up

We can help with this for you - DM us your contact details

Oli

Hi, I am wanting to install a leisure battery into our van. I had hoped to install underneath the driver’s seat but since having new swivel captains seats I fear I may not have the space needed. Has anyone had experience of this please. Thanks a million.

Hi, I am wanting to install a leisure battery into our van. I had hoped to install underneath the driver’s seat but since having new swivel captains seats I fear I may not have the space needed. Has anyone had experience of this please. Thanks a million.
Have you used the search function? Plenty of info available.