Leisure battery issue

Dan_tempest

Hi, brand new to this forum and also a brand new owner of a 2020 T6, converted by Leighton Vans. I bought this van for work purposes, a couple of weeks ago I lived out of my van for 7 days straight with no issues at all, I did not plug into mains as I have a solar panel and that seemed to be all I needed, now I have returned to work and living from my van again, doing nothing differently but my leisure battery (I think) keeps draining, I initially thought I had an issue with my Fridge but now I just think it’s the fact my battery isn’t holding its charge. Even when the van engine is running it’s hardly charging the battery back up or even at all. I’m currently working in Scotland 150 miles away from home and kinda stuck with this problem, can anyone help? I’ve added a photo of that’s any reference to anyone, I don’t have the foggiest of what that that means, do this 2 orange lights indicate an issue?

IMG_7079.jpeg

IMG_7078.jpeg

If they are not flashing they should just be showing the input voltage from the main van electrics.

Do any of the lights come on on the lower output voltage section when the engine is running?

the engine is running now and it’s still the same, but looks like the leisure battery is even draining while engine is running, see display ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

IMG_7080.jpeg

image.jpg

It's odd that no output voltage is shown, the manual suggests that it should.

But the very top indicator suggests that the charger is in the conditioning stage of the charge.

So that seems to suggest the charger thinks the battery is reasonably full?

It's odd that no output voltage is shown, the manual suggests that it should.

But the very top indicator suggests that the charger is in the conditioning stage of the charge.

So that seems to suggest the charger thinks the battery is reasonably full?
could a fuse cause this issue do you think?
I’m going to try hooking up to mains, see what that does

could a fuse cause this issue do you think?
I’m going to try hooking up to mains, see what that does
I'm assuming you have a separate mains charger in the system?

It's certainly worth a test.

The thing is if an intelligent charger like the Sterling is showing no alarms and shows you which part of the charge profile it is in its hard to imagine how it could be not properly connected to the battery.

I think it's worth going back to the start as it feels like what you may have is a difference of load and everything is actually working but the displays are confusing. I appreciate you've done most of this but it may help folks chip in if you can walk through how you reached the conclusion the leisure battery is failing to charge.

It might be worth getting a couple of those plug into 12v cigarette socket USB and Voltage readout adapters, would give you a second view of what your two batteries are doing plugged into the appropriate sockets.

If you are chasing down an unexpected or parasitic load then this meter is great as it can measure DC current by clamping around the cable (most can only read AC) and it's compact to leave in the van if needed (Amazon link for reference) https://www.amazon.co.uk/UT210E-Current-Meters-Capacitance-Tester/dp/B00O1Q2HOQ

Back