Fridge or L/Battery issue?

Dan_tempest

IMG_7191.jpegHi, anyone have any idea what the orange light is? It’s constantly on, fridge cuts out when it comes on. I’m currently having issues with my leisure battery but don’t know if it’s a related problem. Leisure battery is not charging while driving. New battery installed yesterday. TIA

We had the same happening with our fridge (looks to be the same model). The manual mentions something about overheating or restricted flow but I think it is to do with the charge level of the leisure battery. Sometimes the error seems to correct itself and the fridge restarts, but mostly removing and replacing the fuse from the 12v supply to the fridge 'resets' it and it starts up OK again when the ON/Off button is pressed. Thinking about getting a battery monitor but not got around to it yet. May not be the battery though, this happens with ours when on hook-up as well which should be maintaining battery condition.

View attachment 210643Hi, anyone have any idea what the orange light is? It’s constantly on, fridge cuts out when it comes on. I’m currently having issues with my leisure battery but don’t know if it’s a related problem. Leisure battery is not charging while driving. New battery installed yesterday. TIA

It’s to tell you the compressor isn’t on I think. Hence when the fridge gets up to temp and the compressor stops the orange light comes on. Turn the fridge temp down to the big snowflake and see if the fridge turns back on.

We had the same happening with our fridge (looks to be the same model). The manual mentions something about overheating or restricted flow but I think it is to do with the charge level of the leisure battery. Sometimes the error seems to correct itself and the fridge restarts, but mostly removing and replacing the fuse from the 12v supply to the fridge 'resets' it and it starts up OK again when the ON/Off button is pressed. Thinking about getting a battery monitor but not got around to it yet. May not be the battery though, this happens with ours when on hook-up as well which should be maintaining battery condition.
Okay, I will try a replace the fridge fuse. Will let you know

It’s to tell you the compressor isn’t on I think. Hence when the fridge gets up to temp and the compressor stops the orange light comes on. Turn the fridge temp down to the big snowflake and see if the fridge turns back on.
You think making the fridge colder will fix this issue? Seems ofd that a warning light would come on because fridge has reached desired temperature?

Do you have a manual for the fridge?
On our Dometic, that just means that the compressor isn't running.

Pete
Yes I do, I haven’t got round to looking at it yet as I thought replacing my leisure battery would be the root cause. It’s so strange, I could open the fridge door and it would mint be running with orange light lit up, and then I will close the door and ill hear the fridge kick in, open the door and orange light it off. Runs for about half an hour then eventually cuts out

Yes I do, I haven’t got round to looking at it yet as I thought replacing my leisure battery would be the root cause. It’s so strange, I could open the fridge door and it would mint be running with orange light lit up, and then I will close the door and ill hear the fridge kick in, open the door and orange light it off. Runs for about half an hour then eventually cuts out
Does it maybe cut out because it has reached the required temp? You’ve not got it set mega cold, so it will only fire up occasionally. Leave the door open and I would imagine the compressor will kick back in and the orange light will go out.

You think making the fridge colder will fix this issue? Seems ofd that a warning light would come on because fridge has reached desired temperature?
You call it a warning light for some reason. I’d call it an orange light. There’s a blue light for the temp.
The fault light is red.

Agreed. It's not a warning light. It's a light to tell you the fridge is on, when the compressor isn't running.

I don't think you have an issue.

Pete

Interesting. Looking at an online manual it suggests as above that the compressor LED (above the ON/OFF button) is blue when the compressor is running and yellow when it isn't. It says nothing about the ON/OFF button illuminating, but on my fridge that button goes blue when he fridge is switched on. When the orange light is on the blue light is off. may be a different model/age. I'll check my manual this evening.

If it isn't an error/fault then I guess leaving the door open a while should result in the compressor kicking in and the orange LED going off/blue. In which case, i've been opening the door to see the orange light, closing the door, scrabbling under the driver's seat to remove and replace the fuse (switching the fridge off), opening the door and switching it back on, simply causing the compressor to restart and not rectifying any fault at all. Oh well :)

Checked my manual, not going completely mad (in this respect at least). My orange light was flashing, hence disconnecting it from the power supply. So far this has worked for me.IMG_4489.jpgIMG_4490.jpg

Back