Leisure Battery - Dead

Captain Backfire

TSi, T32, Highline Kombi
T6 Pro
Just come back from 10days holiday and it seems that everything connected to my leisure battery isn’t working. I have extra lighting in the back x8, USBs x4, 12v sockets x2 and a dash cam thinkware F800 Pro (front and rear) all connected. All bar the dash cam were off. The camera is connected to the leisure battery so I can utilise “park mode”
I am assuming that my dash cam has run the leisure battery down?! Can anyone confirm this as the possible issue.
Is 10 days video recording too much to ask of my leisure battery?

My battery was a factory install.

When I started the van up it all worked. How long would I have to drive it for to get it back to 100% again?
I think when I go back out in it again tomorrow I will have the same issues.

0772A681-4CD7-46C8-A778-AAC530E45860.jpeg

Just come back from 10days holiday and it seems that everything connected to my leisure battery isn’t working. I have extra lighting in the back x8, USBs x4, 12v sockets x2 and a dash cam thinkware F800 Pro (front and rear) all connected. All bar the dash cam were off. The camera is connected to the leisure battery so I can utilise “park mode”
I am assuming that my dash cam has run the leisure battery down?! Can anyone confirm this as the possible issue.
Is 10 days video recording too much to ask of my leisure battery?

My battery was a factory install.

When I started the van up it all worked. How long would I have to drive it for to get it back to 100% again?
I think when I go back out in it again tomorrow I will have the same issues.

View attachment 26724
The F800 User Guide states that 2-channel power consumption is 4.2W which means 0.35 Amp current draw. 24 hours x 0.35 Amps = 8.4 Ah/day. If the dash cam can’t reduce its current consumption in parking mode, definitely 10 days (84 Ah energy draw) would flatten factory leisure battery (75Ah?).

The leisure battery is behind 80 Amp fuse so definitely can’t get more amps to charge. My guess is that at maximum T6 puts about 60 Amps to aux battery. So at least an hour is needed to get at some decent charge level. Though depends how much charging current the flat battery accepts.

The F800 User Guide states that 2-channel power consumption is 4.2W which means 0.35 Amp current draw. 24 hours x 0.35 Amps = 8.4 Ah/day. If the dash cam can’t reduce its current consumption in parking mode, definitely 10 days (84 Ah energy draw) would flatten factory leisure battery (75Ah?).

The leisure battery is behind 80 Amp fuse so definitely can’t get more amps to charge. My guess is that at maximum T6 puts about 60 Amps to aux battery. So at least an hour is needed to get at some decent charge level. Though depends how much charging current the flat battery accepts.
Thank you @mmi I will look into some of the dashcam settings to see if that will help me

My thinkware uses about 15% of my leisure battery every night. I turn it off when I’m camping.

Yes my thinkware turned out to be the cause of my battery flattening, turning off parking mode solved it.

Back