LED Reversing-light bulb upgrade

T6 Guru
20171109_182404.jpg 20171109_183119.jpg So I have to agree that the light from the factory rear lamps when reversing is dismal.
I had a couple of cheap led bulbs that were causing marking in my H4 front lights sitting in the draw.
Fortunately they are the same fitting as the reverse bulb.
Five minutes later and its in !!!.
I'm not worried about heat damage to the light unit as there is a lot more space around the bulb and you'r only in reverse for a few seconds at a time.
Its certainly an improvement.

The reverse lights are not on long so should be fine. Is it noticably brighter?

Reactions: .50
The reverse lights are not on long so should be fine. Is it noticably brighter?

Its much brighter as you look at it. It seems to be a little better when reversing but I haven't really tested it yet.

I put LEDs in the reverse lights and brake lights (and number plate lights) of my old T5 and they never caused any issue. Haven’t found the need in the T6 though, maybe they’re a bit brighter but also got a reverse cam which shows up stuff behind quite well.

I have LED bulbs in my reversing lamps. As I have the LED tail lights this gives me two reverse lights. The light that these LED bulbs cast is so much better with it being a brilliant white. And even though I have a reversing camera as well, the difference on the video screen makes that so much better.

Hi, After reading different posts in trying to improve the brightness of the reversing lights in my Highline spec T28 barn doors van I went for the Cree 25w led capless bulbs.
2pcs 501 W5W T10 CREE 25W LED DRL Number Plate Tail Stop Brake Side Light Bulbs | eBay
When both led's are fitted one of the bulbs constantly flashes. with one led fitted it is fine. So at the moment I have led in near side and non led offside.
Can anyone give me pointers as to what is happening.

Try turning the flashing one round so the contacts are the other way in its socket.

They work fine on mine and others on here..

If you cant take my word for it, dont ask :confused:

Back