Auto headlights make the bulb out symbol show, just headlights does not?

Chugga90

Hello,
I have had a search, but have not found quite what happens.
For just over a week, randomly getting the bulb out symbol showing on the dash.
Have looked at all the lights. They are all working.
Only recently changed light is the nearside Led headlight unit was replaced due to it getting damaged by a reversing transit van.
This was done about two months ago, so hopefully not the reason?
The last two days I have tried, leaving the lights switched off- this did not set off the warning light. Just sidelights switched on, no warning lights. Just headlights switched on, no warning lights.
Auto lights back on and warning light back within minutes.

My code reader is loaned to a friend, so have no clue what is showing. However is there something really obvious I have missed please?
Thank you.

Nothing i can think of, get your code reader back and it will tell you what is causing the dash light

I've had exactly the same problem, but mine seems to be a passenger fog light out.
I had them coded to come on when corning. So i've ordered another one to see if it clears the problem

Once I turn the engine off and restart it seems to reset itself, then when i turn on the auto switch and turn the wheel the dash lights up

2017 van if that makes any difference?

Thank you. Both the front fogs are working. They are set for turning lights. It’s a 2018 highline.
Well I'm afraid that's stretched my expertise to its limits :)
Hope you get it sorted

Had similar before and it was due to corrosion around one of the bulbs in a rear cluster. Think it was a side light but might have been reverse. Sometimes it made enough of a connection (every time I went and checked my bulbs) but just occasionally it wouldn’t momentarily, causing the bulb out warning which then stays on.

It was pretty common on T5s to find corrosion around some of them - don’t know if it is the same for you on a T6. If you come back and tell me all of your lights are leds, well, I have no idea :)

Reactions: mmi
Only the headlights are led.
Looks like a can of contact cleaner and an hour fiddling later? Makes no sense that it’s only on auto lights it does it though? Thanks

Back