Leaking Door Seal, Drivers Slider

bullracing

VIP Member
T6 Guru
I spotted water on my hob and sink yesturday. I could not see where it came from, from the inside, I opened the drivers side sliding door and it was wet, above the seal was dry which confused me. This however didnt show it was leaking unless they are not supposed to be wet? I thought one side of the seal naturally has to be wet/damp.

Is this a problem thats been seen before? I've not had this problem on any of my previous Transporters which have all been twin sliders. This one however has been carpetted and the seal removed for that. So perhaps the carpet has damaged the seal. I dont have windows

I think more then anything I am just looking for opinions, Shall I buy a new seal from VW or try and fettle this somehow?

I spotted water on my hob and sink yesturday. I could not see where it came from, from the inside, I opened the drivers side sliding door and it was wet, above the seal was dry which confused me. This however didnt show it was leaking unless they are not supposed to be wet? I thought one side of the seal naturally has to be wet/damp.

Is this a problem thats been seen before? I've not had this problem on any of my previous Transporters which have all been twin sliders. This one however has been carpetted and the seal removed for that. So perhaps the carpet has damaged the seal. I dont have windows

I think more then anything I am just looking for opinions, Shall I buy a new seal from VW or try and fettle this somehow?
Don’t know but I’ve just replaced my sliding door seal and then washed the van with brutal amounts of water I even directed high pressure hose at the surround area of the sliding door and happily saw no signs of any water inside .. but the original VW seal definitely let in water even though there were no signs of why it would . Time to do drivers door next fed up of looking at increasingly tatty rubber seal around where you step in and out ( in my opinion a design flaw )

Where did you go for the seal? Did you replace with OEM or aftermarket? Think I will replace it. I will also check to see if the door seal is round the right way after the carpetting ha ha.

Where did you go for the seal? Did you replace with OEM or aftermarket? Think I will replace it. I will also check to see if the door seal is round the right way after the carpetting ha ha.
Aftermarket on ebay there are loads i chose the cheapest this time its all the same stuff i got a more expensive one before then ended up cutting it too short ! so got a second lot and went for the cheapest i could find its exactly the same stuff and this time i did not make a mistake with length ! its very easy to cut too short if you do not make sure its hammered on on all the bends.. next time i will measure from the existing piece first.

Back