Lane assist currently unavailable.

Samro

VIP Member
T6 Legend
I am concerned and need advice.

I have just removed all of the oem fuse holders and control units, etc under the front driver seats to make way for a significant amount of kit to be fitted under both drivers and passenger seats.

I was careful to relocate any oem stuff and simply remade all plugs once the brackets are removed.
Everything is now back together apart from the plugs for the seats for heated and airbag, etc.
The converter needed to move the vehicle into their building after the electrical install (which I've done) and when the ignition is turned on I get:

Error: Airbag. I'd expect that and hopefully this will disappear when the seats are put back in, even if fault needs removing with diagnostic kit.
0A85C1F0-1544-4E22-B3B6-1B91583C6E9C.jpeg
The second one is "Error ACC", which is more worrying. The screen then simply shows Lane Assist unavailable.

The converter tried to clear the code, but it remains active and will not go away.
I am confident that there has been no damage or problems with the oem wiring but am now concerned that VW will just laugh at me if I take it to them, as they will look under the seats and simply enquire what I expected!

Last edited:
Just throwing this out there, are the side cameras / sensors clean? Only that my wife T-Roc regularly says acc and front braking assist is unavailable in heavy rain, presumably because the sensor on the bumper is impaired.

Unlikely, but you never know

I don't get it! The text "Error-ACC" now doesn't come up after I disconnected and reconnected the LED Light Module and the Tow Assist Module, which I left accessible just in case!
It now just says "Lane Assist Unavailable", so possibly the fault has cleared.
I am hoping that when the converters are done, it just needs a drive and that it was just a hiccup.

You’ve had the seats our the seats out recently @Samro I recall?

Have you driven it yet? If not, take it for a short drive and you are likely to find it will reset itself. I’ve seen others report similar issues when disconnecting cable under the drivers seat, and they seem to reset themselves without issue once taken for a short drive.

Have you driven it yet? If not, take it for a short drive and you are likely to find it will reset itself. I’ve seen others report similar issues when disconnecting cable under the drivers seat, and they seem to reset themselves without issue once taken for a short drive.
Thanks. Hope so.

I would like to disable lane assist on my T-Cross - bloody dangerous "safety measure" if you forget to turn it off every time you switch on. Whoever dreamt that up should be shot. 50 years of driving and I have never had any problem steering the vehicle correctly of my own volition. Something that should have an off button methinks.

I would like to disable lane assist on my T-Cross - bloody dangerous "safety measure" if you forget to turn it off every time you switch on. Whoever dreamt that up should be shot. 50 years of driving and I have never had any problem steering the vehicle correctly of my own volition. Something that should have an off button methinks.
One simple improvement is to switch off comfort indicators (where they always flash three times) then at least it only takes a momentary signal to tell the car you want to cross the line and change lanes. I flip between Lane assist on and off, I can't quite decide

It seems that a short drive has made my problem go away and this is a "Herby" issue!
I have been a bit of a worrier after removing all the standard bracketry to make room for my kit. Silly really, as I know that I have only plugged cables back together using the factory supplied plugs.
It does however remain worrying that a main dealer could turn round and blame me for messing with my own vehicle, voiding the warranty.

Taking a brand new vehicle apart is a stressful experience when you know you've almost certainly kissed your warranty goodbye!
Has anyone had warranty issues after modifying under the seat bases?

Taking a brand new vehicle apart is a stressful experience when you know you've almost certainly kissed your warranty goodbye!
Has anyone had warranty issues after modifying under the seat bases?
I’m struggling to work out what modifications you’d have made there that would invalidate warranty

I’m struggling to work out what modifications you’d have made there that would invalidate warranty
My concern is over the fact that I've relocated all of the loom plugs under the floor by removing them from their holders and simply positioning them under the floor liner.

I've been sensible and made sure that I fitted the two modules (under the drivers seat) in an accessible location, but if I had a problem which meant a dealer would need to check the connections under the seats, would they just tell me that I've voided the warranty because I've toyed with stuff?

It's just a concern that I have, but I hope it's unfounded!

My concern is over the fact that I've relocated all of the loom plugs under the floor by removing them from their holders and simply positioning them under the floor liner.

I've been sensible and made sure that I fitted the two modules (under the drivers seat) in an accessible location, but if I had a problem which meant a dealer would need to check the connections under the seats, would they just tell me that I've voided the warranty because I've toyed with stuff?

It's just a concern that I have, but I hope it's unfounded!
I wouldn’t worry and fear you’ve given a stealer more credit than may be deserved!

Back