Front Assist unavailable Error

samzyy

Hey all,

I was looking for some opinions on a front assist unavailable error I am getting on my T6.1. I recently had the van converted to a Kombi and hadn't driven it much before this so I am unsure if the issue was there before as it only starts when driving over bumpy/poorly surfaced roads.

I think it could one of the following

1. Oversized tyres, currently running 18" wheels with 255-55-18 tyres, which has increased wheel diameter and I believe raised the ride height
2. Aftermarket gloss black grill - It was from a aftermarket company with decent rep, but the quality is really poor. I also think the fit is off aswell, I found part of it unclipped when opening the bonnet.

I've bought an oem grill again and am planning to paint it gloss black as my first attempt to fix the issue, has anyone got any tips on painting the grill? Will this affect the front assist radar?

Thanks!

A proper fault code scan would be helpful - e.g. VCDS. It would tell if it's e.g. alignment error or obscured view.
At what speed the error appears?
1. Oversized tyres,
Possibly?

A proper fault code scan would be helpful - e.g. VCDS. It would tell if it's e.g. alignment error or obscured view.
At what speed the error appears?

Possibly?

thanks for your response, funnily enough it seems to have stopped triggering now over bumpy roads and triggered when I took a corner a little faster than usual.

I didn't realise this warnings got stored, I'll scan it later today and see what it comes up with. It definitely seems to be linked to the tyres, as others seem to have the same issue.

Back