Lake District Suggestions

Pau1GTI

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hey folks,

The Mrs and I are heading to the lake district for a few days this week..

We are staying at:

Eskdale Campsite, Boot, Holmrook, Cumbria, CA19 1TH

Looking for some suggestions for things to do. Very outdoors kinda people and we have our mtb but open to all suggestions. Nice coffee shops, walks or places to see if you guys had any ideas :)

Thanks
Paul

The eskdsle railway is good goes to ravensglass, called the ratty not that much in ravensglass tbh but there’s the Roman bath house ruins if that’s your thing or just a short walk there’s muncaster castle.
In eskdale it’s self there’s some water falls not far from there nice walk, also there’s hardknott pass Roman ruins.
Wasdale head isn’t a million miles away plenty of walks around there west lakes in s one of my favourite places :)

The eskdsle railway is good goes to ravensglass, called the ratty not that much in ravensglass tbh but there’s the Roman bath house ruins if that’s your thing or just a short walk there’s muncaster castle.
In eskdale it’s self there’s some water falls not far from there nice walk, also there’s hardknott pass Roman ruins.
Wasdale head isn’t a million miles away plenty of walks around there west lakes in s one of my favourite places :)

Fantastic mate thanks alot. :)

From the Ravenglass/Eskdale railway I think you can still get a train over to Windermere (Lakeside) were the Lakes Aquarium is and also Windermere Lake Cruises were you can get a boat to various places on the lake (Bowness, Waterhead/Ambleside, Wray Castle, etc.)

We are coming up that way for Christmas on Saturday - staying on shores of Ullswater - not in the van though..

As above, Ravenglass and Eskdale railway is a nice trip along the valley.

Lakeside motor museum is good too.

The drive up/down Hardknotts Pass. One of the steepest roads in the UK.

It's a beautiful part of the world. Enjoy.

Scafell, Hardnott pass & Roman fort, some very nice pubs. Great walk on the hill on the opposite side of the valley to the fort. Geocaching

Hey folks,

The Mrs and I are heading to the lake district for a few days this week..

We are staying at:

Eskdale Campsite, Boot, Holmrook, Cumbria, CA19 1TH

Looking for some suggestions for things to do. Very outdoors kinda people and we have our mtb but open to all suggestions. Nice coffee shops, walks or places to see if you guys had any ideas :)

Thanks
Paul

I'm on my way to Keswick this week for a few days, mainky mooching, sitting, drinking coffee, eating fish and chips generally slobbing around.

You'll get a nice coffee in Keswick up by the cinema the Square Orange Cafe.

I'm on my way to Keswick this week for a few days, mainky mooching, sitting, drinking coffee, eating fish and chips generally slobbing around.

We’re off to Keswick on the 28th for a wedding, then up to Cairngorm for new year.

Nice parts o' the world. Went to Lake Ullswater and to the Cairngorms in the summer in the van. Make sure you look out for the Northern Lights in the Cairngorms!

The waterfalls not far from the camp site if i remember rightly you can cross the river on stepping stones if your feeling brave
plus there's a watermill just down the road worth a look round if its open
and the walks that are sort of to the rear of the site a well worth doing if you in to that sort of thing
get yourself the OS map for the area
lovely area went a few times when we used to camp.
Have a good time

The old keswickian fish and chips are awesome, as well as the massive sweet shop :)

If you fancy a venture to Ulverston the laurel and hardy museum is really good too :)

The old keswickian fish and chips are awesome, as well as the massive sweet shop :)

If you fancy a venture to Ulverston the laurel and hardy museum is really good too :)

I thought they were the best until we tried the kingfisher, top 10 possibly top 5 of all fish and chips we've sampled.

Hahaha there’s a lot riding on this recommendation, I don’t want to feel the wrath of my 3 kids, 2 dogs and the boss if it’s not as good as the old keswickian! :)

I don't want the pressure or wrath of another T6'er. It's been a year since we were there so hopefully they are still as good, but will be trying again tomorrow or Friday. I shall report back.

Back