Lake District Suggestions

I don't want the pressure or wrath of another T6'er. It's been a year since we were there so hopefully they are still as good, but will be trying again tomorrow or Friday. I shall report back.

:) nice one fella, hope your having a good time up there.
Where are you staying? CCC or castlerigg hall.

I don't want the pressure or wrath of another T6'er. It's been a year since we were there so hopefully they are still as good, but will be trying again tomorrow or Friday. I shall report back.
Always good when a member is prepared to take one for the team :)

That’s a shame :( back on topic gosforth cross is near boot as well, and if your venturing near Keswick castlerigg stone circle is worth a visit if you like your history;)

CCC, slightly spolied by the pasty faced wardens, whining that we turned up to early. That's why next year there will be no more membership of either CMC or CCC! Wild camping almost exclusively for us next year
We’ve only been members of the CCC for a couple of years & only had good experiences. The ferry discounts alone cover the membership costs. We did stay on a CMC site that was a bit “regimented”. Off up to Glenmore for new year, and that has a reputation for being a tad strict, we’ll see.

Never had a problem with glenmore being strict, always busy though . Hogmanay in the pinemarten bar should be cracking !

I'm still converted, thoroughly nice 2x large cod, regular chips, curry sauce and mushy peas. About £15 delicious.

Sorry for the late response guys. We had a fantastic chilled out day in Eskdale. We did a good walk behind the Boot pub which was only 2 mins from our site.

Looked at the train as suggested but unfortunately it was only open at the weekends.

So went with the walk then a pub lunch. Need to get back and check out a bit more in the summer.

We also headed home a few days sooner as our new pup was ready for collection

So....some pictures as promised.

Thanks for all the help

20181219_113245.jpg

20181219_130208.jpg

IMG_20181220_115309_670.jpg

20181220_110148.jpg

20181219_125257.jpg

20181219_112910.jpg

20181219_125630.jpg

20181226_130419.jpg

Looks like you had a great time lovely place around there, I’m sure the new addition will love it there too ;)

So me and Mrs F. are heading to Lake for first wkend of March.
This Eskdale and railine still worth the visit?. £53.00 for 2 nights at the Campsite.

Which site fish? The one in eskdale? If so it's a cracker. Best shower I've seen on a site by far mate

Reading this thread seem to have made it clear that this is the place to stay?.

For sure mate. I think there may be a few other sites in that area but the eskdale one is well worth a visit.

For sure mate. I think there may be a few other sites in that area but the eskdale one is well worth a visit.

Yeah think that's the one then mate. We'll satalite from there I think.. the railway etc.. alittle more cash than I'd like but don't think I can be bothered with wildcamp hassle.

Yeah good shout. Like I say they showers alone made it worth it for us. It's the small things in life ...

Yeah good shout. Like I say they showers alone made it worth it for us. It's the small things in life ...
Thanks pal. Mainly for Mrs. Be her first time away in Bert.. :confused: so need to make sure its ok.. TBH im dreading it as many on here know.. she hasn't been allowed in Bert for nearly 8month.. disaster is looming..

Back